Yes
A few from this morning....

4336_12720280164bcc68d75314c.jpg

4336_242597294bcc68dd415dd.jpg

4336_10025073314bcc68ce8f9bd.jpg

Difficult? ME??? :shrug:
4336_4599220164bcc68e54a43e.jpg

7D, 500mm F4L, 800 ISO

Class, you have these small birds of to a fine art.

Thanks guys - it was still cold standing in the wood this morning. :puke:

Nice shots CT (y)

I waited a good half hour for some to appear Saturday up Coppice, there was only 2 Nuttys and 2 Coal Tits, everything else has gone.

GSW's were even a no-show

Great shots CT and typical nuttie poses, cant fault one of them. It seems the flying ban hasn’t affected these guys :naughty:
Hard to chose a favourite, but maybe 1 and 3, or perhaps 2, but 4 is good too (y) I think I used to be decisive but am not sure now :D

Nice shots CT (y)

I waited a good half hour for some to appear Saturday up Coppice, there was only 2 Nuttys and 2 Coal Tits, everything else has gone.

GSW's were even a no-show

It's quieter there than I've ever known it, even allowing for the fact that they're nesting and there's plenty of natural food about.

What doesn't help is someone has chopped down all the fern and it's just a big open clearing now with less cover for the birds, and it's nowhere near as nice a place to spend an hour or two.

Couldn't agree with you more, I've only been going 5 months and it's just too open now with very little covering for the birds.

Mountain bikers ploughing through the middle where birds cross from site to site doesn't help either...

I gave up after an hour

:eek:;) Good to see you posting Cedric (y)

It's quieter there than I've ever known it, even allowing for the fact that they're nesting and there's plenty of natural food about.

What doesn't help is someone has chopped down all the fern and it's just a big open clearing now with less cover for the birds, and it's nowhere near as nice a place to spend an hour or two.

Nice shots CT, I noticed the ones at Belvide looking a bit paler colour, I suppose now they have found mates they can lose the Sunday best.

The cutting down of the ferns is what they call management, and what I call vandalism ;)

Not too bad at all young man.............:naughty:

The cutting down of the ferns is what they call management, and what I call vandalism ;)
Well I suppose it could all be to do with the plant disease which they're struggling to control on The Chase,, and the fern will grow back, but it's left the area looking very barren.

Got to agree with that. We took a walk up there on Saturday, it felt so open and uncomfortable with no where to get even a small amount of concealment. We saw a nuthatch and GT, and apart from a few pigeons, that was it. I felt pleased that we hadn’t made a special journey with the intent of spending a couple of hours there. Hopefully the undergrowth will re-establish as the year progresses.

Back