Nymph city

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Have been extremely busy of late and as such not had any time to keep up with the forum or the photography. I managed to get out on fathers day for a short while and again today for a couple of hours. I did manage to get a couple of shots that i'm quite happy with this first is a long multiple exposure blended together in PS.

Hope you like.
Ken.

i like that Ken, i think its very pretty

nice to see you here again!

Thanks guys, thought the post title would get you guys in.
EosD said:
i like that Ken, i think its very pretty

nice to see you here again!
Managed to pop in briefly a couple of times just to catch up, but very briefly.
IanC_UK said:
an excellent shot Ken, certainly has a fantasy feel to it, can see why you called it what you did ! :)
Thanks mate It was the wife who named it "The fairy hunt" bless her!

I think thats a really nice picture - very tranquil.

My only criticism is that the sky is a bit too obviously blue - i presume you bumped this up in Photoshop - it looks a little bit overdone, especially as the reflection in the water is white. Thats being picky though ;)

feenster said:
I think thats a really nice picture - very tranquil.

My only criticism is that the sky is a bit too obviously blue - i presume you bumped this up in Photoshop - it looks a little bit overdone, especially as the reflection in the water is white. Thats being picky though ;)
Yeh the sky is a little blue. First attempt at self timer and auto bracket exposure + blending three shots together. Saturation decreased yellow and green by about 10 and increased blue and red by about 10. auto all decreased brightness and increased contrast.
Just experimenting or playing which ever.
Wished the fern middle right stood out more from the other greenery, this was my focus point but it was quite windy and although this place has reasonable shelter there was still movement which does not go well with long exposures as i found out.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Forgot to mention that the above picture was taken using a polarising filter, I took a few multiple with and without UV & Polarising filters just to see what difference the filters would make.
This second shot below was also a multiple exposure processed in the same way but taken without the filters which probably explains the sky in the first shot? The colours bottom right of pic are there in the originals and have been de-saturated believe it or not. I quite like the effect and it goes with the title and feel of the pic, I would appreciate your opinions.
The first pic the wife likes the best, I think mainly because she named it :eyesup: but I prefer the second, slightly wider angle including more of the trunk on the right and not forgetting the twinkly fairy lights in the water. :thumb: :)

Ken.
Ps. this was resized and sharpened using the dowload action from this site. Thanks.

Back