NYMR

Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
A day out with the works photographic society (all 5 of us) on the NYMR to Whitby for the day. I was a bit disapointed they used a diesel to pull the train up to Grosmeont before uncoupling to steam into Whitby, but I enjoyed the day nontheless!
Hard to get a steady shot hanging out of a moving train window!

4753509218_520ff4f8d2.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4753509218_520ff4f8d2_b.jpg

4753506870_6f23abb9a5.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4753506870_6f23abb9a5_b.jpg

Now to go and look up 'how to' change the text of the link to the larger shots...

I like the first in what you've tried to do, but sadly lacking the steam it doesn't make it a magical picture for me. The second doesn't do a lot for me either on the same basis, and I find the vignette doesn't really do anything.

Apologies for being O/T, but what's the Grosmont-Whitby stretch like? Years ago it only went to Grosmont and in the snow this year (parents have a cottage in Pickering handily) they were only running to Goathland as a bridge was being replaced over the winter. We're taking friends up there in August and had it mind to go to Goathland and then walk to Beck Hole or similar - is it worthwhile going all the way to Whitby?

I was a bit disappointed they used a diesel to pull the train up to Grosmont before uncoupling to steam into Whitby.
This is to avoid starting lineside fires, the steam loco doesn't have to work as hard and therefore doesn't throw out red hot ash.

The moors are very dry at the moment.

I like the first in what you've tried to do, but sadly lacking the steam it doesn't make it a magical picture for me. The second doesn't do a lot for me either on the same basis, and I find the vignette doesn't really do anything.

Apologies for being O/T, but what's the Grosmont-Whitby stretch like? Years ago it only went to Grosmont and in the snow this year (parents have a cottage in Pickering handily) they were only running to Goathland as a bridge was being replaced over the winter. We're taking friends up there in August and had it mind to go to Goathland and then walk to Beck Hole or similar - is it worthwhile going all the way to Whitby?

Thanks for the crit Dave, they do lack a bit of atmosphere. I'm going to have to team up with sensei for the good shots...
it's worth the ride to go into Whitby, lovely scenery and you can have fish and chips at the magpie!

This is to avoid starting lineside fires, the steam loco doesn't have to work as hard and therefore doesn't throw out red hot ash.

The moors are very dry at the moment.

Thank you sensei...

Back