O2 Data is currently down

That text has joined the Great Wall Of China in being able to be seen from orbit

Mines working now, albeit at 3G, normally get 4G at home so they may be still working on that bit :) still, better than no data at all, an outage that large can’t be a quick fix surely :LOL:

Nothing for me but my son is on Tesco and has 3G. He's sitting next to me. With full smugface...

Why is data important when you are at home and can use wi-fi ?

Why is data important when you are at home and can use wi-fi ?

It's not right now. But o2 suggested a similar thing earlier - which is pitiful when out on business and needing email, texts etc ( or even the basics of a phone which was not possible ).

In a way it's nice to be free.

Texts getting sent numerous times, eight is the most so far. think i'll give it another day.

Caused by an expired certificate in some software apparently.
you actually couldn't make it up if that does turn out to be the root cause.

Internet radio on my phone didn't work yesterday morning, thought the app was busted.
wind on to 6 oclock news that evening and it turns out 4g had been down

so for 8 hours I didn't even know, dunno what all the fuss is about you mincers...:)

Internet radio on my phone didn't work yesterday morning, thought the app was busted.
wind on to 6 oclock news that evening and it turns out 4g had been down

so for 8 hours I didn't even know, dunno what all the fuss is about you mincers...:)

Some of the comments on social media were hysterical. You’d think the world had ended.

Some of the comments on social media were hysterical. You’d think the world had ended.
The best one I saw was a guy blaming O2 for losing out on an eBay item because he couldn’t make a bid. Just ridiculous really, he just wanted to be outraged and on TV #first world problems!

Whilst it meant I couldnt personally use my phone to browse the internet or use as a sat nav it was just a minor inconvenience personally. Where there really was an issue was business users where data communications could be critical. Where there are remote plant that can’t send alarms saying there is a fault that could have a major knock effect and risk implication. There may have occasional problems with individual assets but isolated incidents are easy to manage. Having a whole fleet of hundreds of units unable to communication is a far bigger problem.

Back