Scotland Oban/west or central scotland

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm heading up to Oban in a couple of weeks, and wondered if anyone could recommend any good wildlife hides in western or central Scotland that are open to the public, or any areas that might have easy access to some good wildlife (red squirrels especially). I've never been to this bit of Scotland with the camera so have no idea what is there. I don't mind a bit of a drive.
I'm also hoping to do a boat trip in the hope of seeing sea eagles/ospreys, any recommendations that don't involve going to Mull first would be very welcome.
Thanks

I am in Oban (first time) in july and have pre booked the ferry to Mull as I am told it gets booked up early.... Have looked into the eagle view point at the golf club in middle of island

Well worth getting the ferry across onto Kerrera for Sea Eagles and Otters

Last edited:
I am in Oban (first time) in july and have pre booked the ferry to Mull as I am told it gets booked up early.... Have looked into the eagle view point at the golf club in middle of island
There was something on the telly last night about the sea eagles at the golf course.
Sean's Scotland it was called.

Same here, first time, we are there 8-12th. I'm trying to avoid going to Mull this trip as we are thinking of spending a week on Mull at the beginning of September so it makes sense to do other things this trip

Well worth getting the ferry across onto Kerrera for Sea Eagles and Otters
Ive not heard of it, but will definitely look it up as I really want a sea eagle shot and we would both enjoy seeing the otters. Thanks for the suggestion

There was something on the telly last night about the sea eagles at the golf course.
Sean's Scotland it was called.
I'll see if I can find it, thanks

Thanks for all of the suggestions, as it happens the only day it was clear enough to even see birds was the day we drove home and for two of the days we could barely see the end of the jetty from the shore, so the eagles will have to wait until next time.

Back