Obligation to supply

They accepted the contract and didn't have a problem dispatching and in doing so they accepted that the price charged was correct
Doh. Thats what comes from trying to use my brain cells before I've had the first cup of coffee of the day!

Just a little update for everyone that was interested, the item is now back in stock and the company in question have offered to honour the original price and let me use my voucher against the purchase.

So it's now even cheaper then before. Double bonus.

Nice one! And a nifty bit of footwork by the retailer. It hasn't really cost them a lot to honour the deal with you, and you're so pleased that you tell all your mates what a good and reliable and honourable company they are.

(But you're supposed to name them now!)

I bought an Archos from iBood last week, the offer of the day was £59.99 which was £100 less than anywhere else, I ordered, they took payment then 2 days later I got the cancellation email.

I don't usually bother ordering these "bargains" but as iBood contantly advertise up to 90% discount I thought this was a genuine offer, since I got the cancellation email i'm now receiving 8-10 offer emails a day from various companies:cautious:

Nice one! And a nifty bit of footwork by the retailer. It hasn't really cost them a lot to honour the deal with you, and you're so pleased that you tell all your mates what a good and reliable and honourable company they are.
Some say that they have the largest drainage basin in the world and that the reason they don't have a protruding delta is that the ocean rapidly carries away the vast volume of silt, making it impossible for a delta to grow past the shoreline.

All we know is, they're not the river, they're the world's largest e-tailer.

Good result!

Had a similar thing recently, only it was a Marketplace seller. In this case, Amazon had made a database mistake, such that they (and several Marketplace sellers) were selling the Canon 58mm C-pol filter for less than £20 - being new to this, I didn't realise that this was 1/4 the normal price. Order accepted, card charged, but a 52mm Skylight arrives...

Immediately the Marketplace seller issued a refund and return instructions. But I decided to stick to my guns and insisted that I was entitled to the correct filter at the contract price. Eventually the Marketplace seller explained how it was Amazon's mistake and agreed to send me the correct part. Amusingly, they sent the incorrect part *again*, but this time they told me to keep it - meaning that the polarising filter was actually free!

But in this case, a big thumbs-down to Amazon - they completely washed their hands of the matter, even though the mistake was actually theirs. And well done to Avides Media for doing the right thing (eventually). And well done to me for not backing down :)

We're going to see much more of this sort of thing, sadly...

Some say that they have the largest drainage basin in the world and that the reason they don't have a protruding delta is that the ocean rapidly carries away the vast volume of silt, making it impossible for a delta to grow past the shoreline.

All we know is, they're not the river, they're the world's largest e-tailer.

The River Humber? Never heard of them!!

Back