London Obscure London

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just getting into photography and really enjoying it.

I live in London and have had a few walks along the Southbank and around the City, and have some shots I'm pleased with (albeit featuring all the "usual" subjects).

Does anyone have any suggestions for and less well-discovered shooting locations in London? I'm pretty open minded as to the type of subject.

Thanks!

Havent been there for years but I seem to remember Greenwich was ok. Seems theres a lot there to do now, but the Naval College was worth a wander around.

When I worked there, a good few years ago now I always liked the mix of old an new in the City itself, Leadenhall Market, St Catherine's dock etc.

Lincolns Inn, Grays Inn and the Temple are interesting, Leather Lane, Hatton Garden and little Italy on the other side of Clerkenwell Rd.

Some of the turnings off Drury Lane and a bit further up High Holborn towards the British Museum.

Exmouth market and the area around Mount Pleasant and Roseberry Avenue including Sadlers Wells

Little passageways off Fleet Street, Dr Johnson's house is quite interesting as is St Brides Church

Behind Kings Cross station, had my boat moored up there at St Pancras Lock on the Regents Canal, Narrowboat museum there too

I was born and grew up in the East End and worked in the West End so can think of literally hundreds of places

Last edited:
I like Tower Hamlets cemetary in Mile End for crumbling graves and plants it looks completely different depending on the season you go there

Also trinity docks near East India on the dlr has some interesting bits to photograph

There is a website called "Derelict London" which has dozens of photos of different locations around London which may be of interest.
There are also several books on the theme of "Secret London" most of which contain lots of details of obscure locations and other places of interest.
I would also suggest a paperback entitled "London's Hidden Secrets" Vols 1 & 2 (- there are many other useful books listed under this link.)

Last edited:
Back