OCF + Rain wedding shot

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this last week at Achnagairn Estate here in the Highlands.

I had my AD 360 flash set up down the stairs behind them with a reflector fitted. The couple walked out under an umbrella, I took a couple of test exposures then asked them to chuck the brolly down the stairs. The rain was pretty heavy so I only managed three shots before they had to run back in for shelter.

Any Cc much appreciated.

Achnagairn by Michael Carver, on Flickr

Looks really stunning. Your heart must have skipped a beat when you saw what you had created/captured here.

Gaz

Looks really stunning. Your heart must have skipped a beat when you saw what you had created/captured here.

Gaz
Haha - yes. I actually ran out to grab the umbrella without looking at the preview screen and I ran back to the camera with the bride and groom hoping it would be good (camera was on a tripod just inside the door way) When we pulled up the preview I was pretty stoked and the bride and groom were amazed - the groom marched me round most of his mates asking me to show them the photo lol.

Pretty special this (y)

very different! even if they weren't keen, its a fab shot & hats off to you for your vision & execution! :)

Wow, all I can say is I love it. Great stuff!

Outstanding. Hats off to the couple for going with your vision in the rain too. When life(well the weather anyway) pi*ses down on you, you seem to have the ability to make champagne!!

It's a great image. Being particular, I'd like the BG above them to be more even left/right... it's kind of divided into two halves. I would probably copy the left side and flip it/mask it in.

I'm guessing you didn't read the title or the first post .

I'd guess sarcasm?
Yup, maybe i should have put a smiley face on the end but I didn't know how to find the emoji or whatever the kids are calling them these days. I would love that if it was of my wedding but it also works as just a great photo.
Apart from the noise.

Last edited:
haha - thanks for all the encouraging comments guys.

I'll have a word with the big man upstairs next time and see if he can chill on the noise ;)

What a fantastic image! The couple must be over the moon with this.

Freaking stunning image!! As others have said, no critique needed on this shot. Can I ask how did you focus? I'm assuming it was pitch black? I have seen a similar shot where the tog used a grooms phone to find focus in such low light.

Yes, I gave the groom my phone and used that to get a focus point in the dark. (y)

Back