Odd internet activity id'ed a MS

Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I noticed that there was lot of activity on the router on boot up this evening and checking my ESET security it reported a blocked TCP access packet as not related to any known connection. The IP was 13.107.4.50 and I found the following on Google'ing

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what+is+13.107.4.50&*

Appears that this in someway related Windows 10?

So just a heads up and whether any TP members have any insight on this 'hidden MS activity' that goes on in the background???

Have a look in settings at data usage. To do that open settings, start typing data usage in the search bar and it should find that option. Click on there and then usage details in the middle of the window. It will give you a breakdown of what's been using what, make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and check system (for some reason it stays at the bottom regardless of data usage)

Another place to check is in task manager, click the app history tab at the top and then order it by network.

Hopefully these 2 things may show you what's been doing it, it's worth noting that network traffic doesn't necessarily translate to internet traffic though, if you have a NAS drive or access other devices on the local network it will also count to these figures.

Using this I managed to ascertain that cortana had used 41gb of data in 30 days on one PC :eek: it quickly got disabled after finding that ;)

Last edited:
Back