Odd shapes on my ceiling - Snoopy on my wall

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
We have lived in this house for 12 years but only just noticed we have some odd shapes on the main bedroom ceiling, anyone else have anything like this?
Ceiling.JPG

When we stripped the living room wall (same house) a couple of years ago so we could re-plaster it we discovered someone had done some sketches on the wall

Snoopy.JPG

Strange things you find sometimes in older (1930's) houses, bit frightened to dig over the garden, just in case :)

Last edited:
No idea, it may have in the past been used by parent(s) and a baby I guess. Old house - anything could have happened.
I believe there was a fireplace in the bedroom at some point.
I understand a "boyfriend" of the owner going back a few years tried to set fire to the house (probably about 30 years ago) but failed and only managed to set fire to some bedding material in the upstairs hall.
If they were stickers they only cover a small part of the ceiling and not in a location where there would have logically been a bed or cot, so a bit odd but I guess you are probably correct.

Last edited:
IF these walls could talk. Thinking about this post and my childhood home.....

We have lived in this house for 12 years but only just noticed we have some odd shapes on the main bedroom ceiling, anyone else have anything like this?
View attachment 275485

When we stripped the living room wall (same house) a couple of years ago so we could re-plaster it we discovered someone had done some sketches on the wall

View attachment 275486

Strange things you find sometimes in older (1930's) houses, bit frightened to dig over the garden, just in case :)

You need to get out more, oh you can't can you :ROFLMAO:

'She describes how the longer one stays in the bedroom, the more the wallpaper appears to mutate, especially in the moonlight. With no stimulus other than the wallpaper, the pattern and designs become increasingly intriguing to the narrator. She soon begins to see a figure in the design and eventually comes to believe that a woman is creeping on all fours behind the pattern. Believing she must free the woman in the wallpaper, the woman begins to strip the remaining paper off the wall...'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yellow_Wallpaper

Might be a good idea to take advantage of the permitted daily outdoor exercise break.

Do you know if your room was ever used as a kids bedroom? looks like someone has painted over children's space stickers

Exactly that - our son once had some luminous shapes very much like that above his bed. Actually I think they're still there, but he's in New Zealand now. :p

our 1930 house is a minefield.

Most interesting find so far is the 3 dustbins full of small glass bottles we found buried in the garden. Selection of gin, vodka and whisky. Ranged in size from 50ml to 200ml. There is still more to dig out but its not where I plan to plant anything so have left them where they are at present

our 1930 house is a minefield.

Most interesting find so far is the 3 dustbins full of small glass bottles we found buried in the garden. Selection of gin, vodka and whisky. Ranged in size from 50ml to 200ml. There is still more to dig out but its not where I plan to plant anything so have left them where they are at present

Dig them up, some may be worth money to bottle collectors.

We live in a flat that forms part of a large house built in the mid C19th, and our sitting room walls have an extraordinary collection of square and rectangular shapes, and what look like old cable runs, that have been plastered over. They're mainly concentrated in one area, and are much easier to see at night when the lamplight highlights them.

I'd love to know what these shapes related to. I might do some research one of these days.

Back