odd wormy squirl on prints

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
Fired up my enlarger this evening and my prints have a squirly mark on them all in the same place in focus. any idea what this could be? Not had a proper look at the lens yet but all I can think is in the optical path is the big condenser lens and the 50mm focussing lens. is there any way marks on the condenser lens can come up in focus on the print.

I'll sort a piccy of it out in the morning.

Sure your negs are flat? There's a technical term for it but it eludes me atm... no doubt BY can trip it off :LOL:

Yep negs are pretty well clamped flat in the Durst F60 (that wasn't meant to sound like a sales pitch ;)). I have another lens will try swapping them tomorrow and see if the fault moves.

here is the full print (quite pleased with it actually :p):

IMG_6280.JPG

And a close up of the marking:
IMG_6281.JPG

Now my neg handling was pretty poor after developing (put them down on paper while not 100% dry and they stuck) and it appears that I have damaged the back/emulsion side. so if anyone else get similar results that is what to look for!

I aimed for a 25ish sec exposure, 50mm f16 with a grade 2.5 filter in there. this was just intended as a start point but I'm quite pleased, I can see tyre tread against the tyre and arch, maybe it could have a touch more exposure but under safelight and daylight they look very different (this was my most exposed of 3 attempts).

Yep, it looks like the emulsion's lifted on those - not newtons rings, they show like a sort of rainbow-halo effect - a bit like oil in a puddle on a rainy day.

Right, the term was Newton's Rings, but that ain't them :LOL:

Back