Beginner Off camera flash - beginner

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys
Recently purchased my first flash a yongnuo 460-2 for canon. I'd like to try and set it up on my tripod for some off camera stuff and understand I'll need a trigger and a receiver but can't seem to find which ones I need. Can anyone help? I have a 550d. Happy with 2nd hand.
Cheers

Well, when I started I bought a 3m ettl cable (never used these days). Then I bought some very cheap wireless triggers (gave then away add very unreliable). Then yongnuo came out with the 622c/TX and these have been great for me. A little more than the cheap end, but so much more functionality for the future.

Chris,

With that flash have a look at the yn603c triggers, I use nikon so not sure if the flash is TTl if it is then yn622c which are a bit more expensive.

If all you want is a simple fire command, then any cheap dumb triggers will be fine, but I'd future proof a little and get a yn622c TX and a YN 622c kit to amazon,

They might look expensive compared to the price of your flash, but my first ETTL triggers cost more than a 550d :(

£50/60 ish looks OK to me. Drove to calumet in Manchester today got there it was shut! Amazon it is. Thanks all. Will post up some attempts when I have them

Back