off camera flash for Fujifilm XT-1

I used the YN-560 when I shot with the XT-1, still using it today with a Panasonic camera using the same cheap trigger/receiver. Pretty sure I bought the Canon version, seems to work best with other makes. Could be that you got the Nikon version and it won't play nicely?

no it's certainly a canon version, i was using speed lights and trigger with 5dmk3.

No idea then sorry :/ YOu've checked all the obvious I presume - batteries in correctly and fully charged etc

You can't use brand specific flash setups on another brand, unless you use Godox flashes and triggers which can mix and match systems to your heart's content. I use Yongnuo YN560 flashes and a YN560-TX controller on my X system, mainly because it's very cheap to get hold of the kit secondhand because everyone is switching to Godox!

You can't use brand specific flash setups on another brand, unless you use Godox flashes and triggers which can mix and match systems to your heart's content. I use Yongnuo YN560 flashes and a YN560-TX controller on my X system, mainly because it's very cheap to get hold of the kit secondhand because everyone is switching to Godox!

Yongnuo flashes have different connections for different mounts, the Canon version just so happens to be much friendlier with other makes like Fuji, and Panasonic. I'm using the same 560 on a Panasonic G80 that I used on the Fuji XT-1 before, same trigger/receiver, works completely fine on the hot-shoe too.

Yongnuo flashes have different connections for different mounts, the Canon version just so happens to be much friendlier with other makes like Fuji, and Panasonic. I'm using the same 560 on a Panasonic G80 that I used on the Fuji XT-1 before, same trigger/receiver, works completely fine on the hot-shoe too.

The 560 is a non dedicated flash, it is completely universal and works on anything as it's purely manual with no TTL system. The 600 is not, it's a brand specific TTL. My 560s have also been on Panasonic and Fuji as it happens. It looks ridiculous on an LX5 mind....

looks like i am moving to Godox then, heard good reviews. i regret not seling these yn600s when i sold my 5dmk3.

You won't regret it, they whole system is integrated, so if you outgrow your speedlites you can use proper studio strobes with the exact same triggers or even mix and match. I'd be using AD200s at work by now if I could get the boss to open his wallet up...

The 560 is a non dedicated flash, it is completely universal and works on anything as it's purely manual with no TTL system. The 600 is not, it's a brand specific TTL. My 560s have also been on Panasonic and Fuji as it happens. It looks ridiculous on an LX5 mind....

That will explain it then, I could have swore when I bought it I opted for the Canon version at the time because I was informed Canon flash units play nicely with Fuji, for manual control at least. But then, I think it was from Amazon and their descriptions can be pretty loose. Give me universal over TTL anyday though! It's not working perfectly with my newly acquired XH1 too :)

Back