Off to the MAC shop tomorrow!

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
OK, i have sold my PC AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 15 years using Windows and 8 of them with XP and i have no Windows anymore. How strange!! I guess if i need a fix i can use my sons laptop.

I am writing this on an old Dell Running Linux Mint and it is pretty good i must say! Anyhoo i have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket so i'm off to look at iMac's tomorrow. I phoned a few Mac resellers today and none of them have any idea when the new iMacs are arriving. I expect they have been told to say that but according to all of them there are no iMacs quite yet so i may just get one rather than wait for god only knows how long. I'm not sure how long i can live with Linux but if i can get the printer working then quite a while i should imagine.

Looking at the 2.66GHz iMac which should do me for a fair while. I did have a hunt round for refurbished iMacs but i can't find any anywhere!!!!! So what does that tell you????

So should i just get one anyway or wait indefinitely????

get one now! lol im not sure when apple are bringing there new ones out but my guess would be not long as i work in a large computer shop and our supply of apple has dried up last week or 2 this is usualy a sign there bringing new ones out but it could just be we not buying as many due to current finantial situation. Anyway i say just buy one you will always be waiting around for the next new thing!

Im always one or two steps behind apple i currently run a apple macbook the black one :D the reason is i get them cheaper in work when they old models. Point being apple are great and you find it hard to beat even the old ones!

go get it :D

I know the pains of wanting it right now, all too well.

I would strongly tell you to wait .. as was told to me. I was too frustrated to get a new laptop, I didn't want to wait for the new 17" MBP, and was going to get the 15".

cowasaki, however, kept telling me to wait, and wait, and wait .. and here I am with the new 17" that's just fabulous .. well worth the wait.

I'd probably try and wait a week or 2. There are strong rumors of updates to the iMac.

But obviously if you don't have a computer and are happy with te specs of the current models and can get hold of one then go for it. You won't regret it.

go get it :D

Like i need to be told!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Even if the new ones come out next week the price of the old ones will not drop much i don't think as everything Apple keeps it's price pretty well. Also i love the current iMacs....yummy!:love:

I get the feeling someone will be camped outside the Mac shop tomorrow ready for it to open!

I feel that I have been following your threads for some time - most were similar to mine so I sympathise with your plight. If you buy from an Apple store I know that you have a 14 day money back offer - maybe also from other places, I have no knowledge. IF something comes out in the next two weeks you can change your decision should you wish.

I am not so sure that I understand why all of a sudden it's tomorrow. You have waited longer than I did - why now?

Chris

I have the day off tomorrow and i conveniently sold my PC today so i may as well go have a look.

I think the 14 day return regardless is law for all shop owners so no probs there.

After my dealings with the Mac Mini i know what to expect and know how to set it up how i want so fingers crossed all will be ok........Unless i fall in love with Linux Mint which is possible! :LOL: Seriously though Mint is really good but it won't run Lightroom so i need a Mac. (y)

Keep us updated Andy :D I've got a Macbook coming tomorrow from PaulMack on here and I can't wait. My first (proper) Mac :D

I think the 14 day return regardless is law for all shop owners so no probs there.

Nope, it's an Apple store policy that they voluntary implement in the name of good customer service.

The law is that you can only take it back if its not fit for purpose etc (ie broken/faulty etc).

Still...you won't want to take it back anyway :D

Have fun buying tomorrow!

...I'm not so sure. They may decide to have a policy for returns that allow you to return without fault when you buy from a shop. I'd agree that you have additional rights under Distance Selling Regs if you mail order, but if you buy from a Reseller I am not convinced that they would want to accept a used return for full refund.

Chris

One other thing that occurs to me - you can book a personal shopper or book someone to go through your intended purchase in an Apple Store. Despite me going on a Saturday they went out of their way to go through things with me before I parted with the cash.

You know you are about to be mugged for more money than you can afford, but it's fun doing it!

Chris

New Imacs to be launched end of March. YOU WILL REGRET NOT WAITING.

refurbs are on sale on their site.

are you sure this time andy? i mean the mini went back bud :)

ooo, march eh? andy wait :)

mac-cosmetics-contest.jpg

The operating system looks very different..

Hi

Go onto ebay and search for Imac G4. Now I am sure they are great and they look great but compared to the current Imacs they look really old fashioned. It might be worth waiting a few weeks. Or buy a second hand Imac off ebay, wait for the new ones and they sell the ebay one on. If you get it at the right price you will get your money back

stew

New Imacs to be launched end of March. YOU WILL REGRET NOT WAITING.

refurbs are on sale on their site.
And where did you get that little jem from? All the dealers [and Apple] that i spoke to haven no idea when they are going to be released and everything out there is just a rumor. However saying that they did announce at the Jan Expo that there were new products nearly ready to be shipped but what they are...who knows. I really do think that there will be a new iMac in March but i'm not bothered about getting the latest/new model and i don't want a 2nd hand unit. also....and very importantly, i have NO patience!!!!!!!:LOL:

And can i have a link to their refurbed iMacs please cos i can't find any!

AndyWest,

Legally speaking a refurbished is not a 2nd-hand; and it's only you who would know that you bought a refurbished.

Personally, I have never bought a refurbished ... but I am too happy to do that we a few number of vendors and Apple are one of them. As it happens, I may pick-up a refurbished iMac if I can get a good deal on one; but my guess is that these will sell like hot cakes.

I would buy one as well! I know a few people that have and they were like brand new, no probs at all and still going strong.

Anyhoo I'm back from the shops!

Well i just thought i would pop out to the Apple store at bluewater and have a look at the macs. And after about ooooh 2 seconds i walked out with a new iMac! :woot:

It's a 2.66GHz with 2Gb of ram and 320Gb HD. I will up the ran to 4GB as soon as i have ordered some as it's cheaper doing it myself. I have taken some video so i can do a little movie for you tube and i am in the process of loading everything. Below is a poor pic of it on my desk. 1 good thing... It came with an iLife 9 disc free!!

I have just successfully imported all my MP3 files which is a real relief after what happened last time so no duplicated files (y) and the reason was that i needed to un tick a few box's in the preferences. Happy days!

2newmac.JPG

:LOL:

Yeah the snow pushed the hedge over... another thing to sort out:puke:

Congratulation on the new toy (y) .. do enjoy :)

yeah, enjoy

ps: still check out my blog for recommended starter software :)

Cheers chaps!! I am now writing this from the new iMac :wave:

That photo above really looks pants! It was done in Gimp on the Linux PC. I'm sure this will be mucho better! (y)

Back