Off work ill - caution: rant inside/56k/HDR/B&W

Edit My Images
No
Well I've had man-flu for the last few days, so naturally I'm dying but (as usual for a bloke) steadfastly refuse to go and see one of them new-fangled things...I think I've overheard other people call them doctors, or something like that?

Anyway, I digress.

I'm sitting here in my lounge with my laptop, logged into Citrix at work so I can type a few emails and whatnot (ie pretend to be working, when I'm really just surfing various forums). So I'm typing away and bored of listening to the sound of the wind howling down my chimney (in August ffs) so I think "aha I'll put the TV on for a bit of background noise".

Dear god! Seriously, how do people stay unemployed for so long with the amount of utter sh*te they call daytime TV? I mean come on, do people really sit at home and watch the Jeremy Kyle show, or Lovejoy, or David "you've been tango'd" Dickinson? :puke:

Jeez. I should really count myself lucky that I have Virgin media and am able access classic gems like The Fall Guy and The Rockford Files...or even video on demand. But if I didn't, I'd seriously want to start stabbing people with a house brick! :cautious::bat:

Do you think they do this intentionally, just to get the bone idle (err I mean unemployed) to get back to work?

I have the same issue at the moment, except i had a fit, whilst fitting my tongue was between my teeth which left it in a right nice infected mess, so i cant even talk! nevermind eat anything other than cold soup.

its times like these i wish i had a macro lens

Guys, you have my sympathy. Or at least you did until you turned on the telly. ;)

Seriously, get it off before you become infected. :LOL:I'm pretty sure everyone must hate daytime TV the when they first see it but you'll soon be hooked.

Bit like smoking I s'pose. Never met anyone that enjoyed their first ciggy.

In fact they are two similar evils. I doubt I've seen more than 3 or 4 hours telly in months and months. Too busy nipping outside for a smoke. ;)

Get rid of the TV license :D We did and haven't missed it one bit...

By the way, I also mean don't watch TV. Not suggesting to watch it illegally :p

(y) total agree EO - daytime TV stinks from the rafters.... although personally the only TV I watch is the GP once a fortnight, a bit of other motor racing, and TopGear.... occasionally I will put a good docu on or something, but generally SKy Digital and all its many channels is reserved for Him indoors.... hours spent watching any channel apart from the 5 terrestrial ones... mind you, then he moans when I bugger off out for the day with the camera :thinking: :LOL:

I'll be joining the 'sit at home' brigade for 3 weeks from tomorrow as I'll be off work sick :( I know what you mean about daytime tv - it's absolutely dire. When I visit people on my rounds at work, they all seem to have Jeremy Kyle on. I can't stand it - it's even worse than Jerry Springer (and that is B-A-D).

I have plenty of books to read, and when I had my last op, I treated myself to 3 box sets of South park and kept myself amused for 3 weeks :LOL:

I just go looking through the strange channels. Find discovery channels can be quite good to pass some time. Also paramount comedy and its many variations tend to have something watchable on. Keep an eye out for Mythbusters on Discovery Science, and general discovery etc...seems to be on about 3 times a day and it good!

Have to admit to being a Mythbusters fan. Well I'll rephrase that. A Kari Byron fan.

Good with guns AND blowing stuff up. Perfect wife material right there :love:

Back