Office chair?

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone suggest a comfortable office chair for home use for which one does not have to break a bank please? Cheers

Years ago I switched from a standard office chair to a hard, upright wooden chair - eliminated all sorts of back issues etc. Something like this but rather higher. windsor_chair.jpg

Last edited:
Can't recommend a particular one but if you have any secondhand shops near you have a look there. When offices are refurbished the old, but often still good, cabinets, desks and chairs are discarded and make there way to these shops.

Dave

Although it might break the bank a Herman Miller Aeron as recommended by JonathanRyan is with it.

There's a reason they're expensive, and companies that have then list them as a perk of the job.

I used to work at a company that had them, everyone had a 30 minute meeting with facilities to help set it up and get it correctly adjusted. Best chair I ever sat in, loads of support, comfortable, breathable...

Can't recommend a particular one but if you have any secondhand shops near you have a look there. When offices are refurbished the old, but often still good, cabinets, desks and chairs are discarded and make there way to these shops.

Dave

Yep, got one of those Posture Plus chairs from an office recon place last year, it was £50.

Very comfortable and avoids back pain other chairs give.

Staples: Vadar Mesh Task Chair, Black

Reasonable price compared to some too.

Last edited:
I've had one of those for 8 years now. Money well spent. Shows no sign of wearing out and my back loves me for it

Didn't you get one of Herman's other chairs? I seem to remembering debating Aaron vs something else with you :)

Are you sure it was me?

Well not any more :D

Somebody was explaining why they bought a Mirra over an Aeron. IIRC they made some pretty good points but couldn't really counter "my Aeron cost 200 quid" ;)

I've just had a glance at the differences and think if I needed another and they were the same price I'd probably get a Mirra.

Oddly enough, we have the Herman Miller Aero's at work and I can't get on with them. :(

Yep, got one of those Posture Plus chairs from an office recon place last year, it was £50.

Do you recollect from which office recon place you got them Andy? Cheers

Thank you all for your great advice. Much appreciated. This place never ceases to surprise me.

Oddly enough, we have the Herman Miller Aero's at work and I can't get on with them. :(
Genuinely surpirsed that anyone doesn't like those chairs. Do you mind me asking what you don't like about them? And not trying to sound belittling but have you ever been shown how to adjust it properly and not just shown "this does this, and that bit does that" by a colleague?

Genuinely surpirsed that anyone doesn't like those chairs. Do you mind me asking what you don't like about them? And not trying to sound belittling but have you ever been shown how to adjust it properly and not just shown "this does this, and that bit does that" by a colleague?
Yes, when the company moved to all new premises, they came out and spent a day at the place showing us.
I simply didn't find it comfortable for my back.

That's a real shame, hopefully your company sorted you out with an alternative that suits you
They very kindly let me take in the one from my previous job, which hss always been superb.
Couldn't tell you what it is though! :)

That's a real shame, hopefully your company sorted you out with an alternative that suits you

I had a look at it, and it's a Humanstyle Freedom Headrest chair. :)

I've actually got a gaming chair as my office chair (vertagear sl2000)

I suffer from bad (lower) back and found gaming chair to suit me best.

GC000VT_156164_800x800.jpg

Back