Offside rule for women

Edit My Images
Yes
In preparation for the World Cup, the "offside rule" explained for women:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Ahahahaha, fantastic.

ah, but what if woman 1 goes in front before the purse is thrown, a mate makes a late run from the back of the queue and catches it while woman 1 blocks the view of the waiting woman. Provided woman 1 doesn't actually touch the purse is she still offside or is it just a typical saturday afternoon shambles ;)

What if shopper #2 goes to the front before the purse is thrown, then steps back into position 2, then goes forward again to catch the purse?

What shopper #2 goes to the front position, the purse is thrown, it deflects of shopper #1 (in position 2) then its caught by shopper #2?

It all depends on how the shop assistant sees it, and most shop assistants are bent (read into it what you will) :D.

Where's the ref during all this, is he around the back checking the boxes ;)

I thought I understood the explanation, but you guys just made it too confusing. :p

orangepeel said:
oh so THAT'S what this thread is about. I fell asleep at the first comma in the first sentence of the first post.

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Must admit despite the explanation I haven't got a clue what its going on about! :ponders:

football :whistle2: YAWN!

whens the world cup actually on? am i going to be out of the country? someone please tell me i will be so i dont have to explain to people that id far rather "burn my eyes out with a rusty warm spoon" than go to the pub to watch some games

Does it have to be an official FIFA purse or not.:getmecoat

Does the ref take American Express?

Do you punch in your pin number on the goalie?

ASH said:
Does it have to be an official FIFA purse or not.:getmecoat

I have a FIFA wallet if that's similar?

F*all In and F*all Out :D

Back