Oh no... Another 365!

Edit My Images
No
Sorry guys, but this seems like a good idea (is it destined for the good idea at the time bin?).
I had a major togs block last year for a couple of months and it took a new idea to get me going again, maybe this can keep me going for all of 2009.
It is my intention to TAKE a shot a day for this, if I have other commitments that stop me editing and posting on the same day then I'll be letting myself off (i.e. work, holiday I WISH, internet down etc.).
As other people have said, if I end up taking photo's of my lens cap, beer bottles or too many of the cats then I'll call it a day.

There's some fireworks going off here, might have a change of plan for my first, toodlepip.

this thread is useless without pics!!!!:LOL:

Good luck with it though

Good luck with it mate, very tempted to start one myself but not sure I could get enough variety never seem to get anywhere but work or home other than my holiday to St Lucia last year and 1 or 2 days I managed to get out and about about 80% of my pics where my dog lol.

Sean

I am doing one too. I tried last year and gave up after a month :p

Wont be posting it here, its just something to keep me entertained. Good luck with yours :)

LOL Fletch!
I rushed off to grab the tripod, but the fireworks have stopped, so it's a cat pic to start me off.
Sean I have the same reservations as you, if it gets boring I'll stop but who knows this could force some creativity out of me.
Cheers Betty, I recon a month is a good effort!

Everything was shut today, so we had a fire, lit some candles and spent some quality time with the cats.

365_1.jpg

That's a cracking start. Good luck with it, hopefully we'll all get to the end of the year! :D

Jesus, how many of them this year!! :D

Looking forward to following,

Gary.

lets hope they get a little further through it than you and are as meaningful!!

good start cyclone(y)

Cheers you guys.
It is my friends birthday today, I popped round with a card and hoped to grab a portrait but he's not very well so I didn't want to push it.
Luckily I already had a backup planed and shot the card on my 2009 diary, wanted it b&w really but couldn't get the conversion right, his name is Simon.

365_2_1.jpg

The good news is I have a few shots that didn't make it, I wouldn't say any of todays are good, but at least I've had ideas :)

I like that. Something really poignant about it

Cheers fabs, had a good day today with a choice of photo's to post, just dreading the day I can't get one done!
Glad you like it Nick, thats a great word, I was in 2 minds over it but you've backed up what I like about it, thanks!

Cheers fabs, had a good day today with a choice of photo's to post, just dreading the day I can't get one done!
Glad you like it Nick, thats a great word, I was in 2 minds over it but you've backed up what I like about it, thanks!

You're welcome. I'll keep an eye for your work. I like what I see so far :)

2 cracking shots there mate, keep up the good work :)

Sean

Wasn't doing too well today, had something I wasn't happy with. Went out for lunch with my dad and saw this one on the way home, saved my bacon today for sure!

365_3.jpg

I've never done this shot before, already learned something, I wanted it smack in the middle with the lines leaving the frame at the place on each side. I think it was down to my left/right positioning, I used the viewfinder grid to line the middle line up but then the pylon was wonky!

The colours in that one are gorgeous. The thing about a PaD project is that, when you're stuck for time and inspiration, you still have to take a photo. The restrictions being placed upon you as a photographer can really help exercise your vision, even if you end up taking a photo of a beer can (as I often seem to do). Good luck with it and keep it up, whatever comes your way. I'm sure you'll profit from it.

Cheers pants, thats exactly the reason I've taken the challenge. I had a block last year that lasted about 6 weeks, when I managed to shoot 1 photo I was up and running again, hopefully this will keep me going throughout the year.

Another nice shot mate keep up the good work, must admit Im struggling today had a hard day at work and I'm tired, still 3 hours to go though not giving up on it hehe.

Sean

Thanks so much peeps,
have to admit I'm outdoing myself a little, but it's great it's pushing me to do it and I'm really enjoying the challenge so far.
Normally I'd have just driven past this thinking to myself that'd make a nice photo, so on day 3 it's already been a benefit to me.

I am well happy with that last one myself, might get a print done.
I have a few today, but none are artistic, thinking of waiting to see if I get another sunset to go at, but I'll need a subject.

Finally decided on light trails, only relevance is that I had to go get some fuel ready for next week and had to use the motorway island. The other photo's from today have no colour, a very weak effort compared to yesterday.
Tomorrow will have the added complication of a day at work too, fingers crossed.

365_4_3.jpg

Thanks, I was a bit sneaky, managed to get out while there was still some light in the sky, usually do these in the pitch black when there's nothing else to do.

Thanks agan.
Todays, taken on a trip over to Morris Photo, my mate wanted a new camera bag, I always hop in for the ride as you never know when you might see something. It's great because he's more of a noob than me, so I can help out a little and he brings some added enthusiasm :)

365_5_2.jpg

As I have been struggling to decide what to post I will be uploading more than 1 (if I manage that). I will post what I feel is the best or most relevant here though.
If anybody is interested in the rejects, or wants to tell me I made the wrong decision they are here--->slideshow

Well done. Love that!

You are all too kind.

Had to go to Peterborough for training today, there for 3 more days as well. Saw some stunning scenery off the side of the A14, beautiful clear blue skies over snowy fields, but I was running late and couldn't stop.
Anyway this shot has been planned for a few days:-

365_6.jpg

I call it, "Epiphany - Christmas in a Box"
It seems a bit sad and maybe a little wrong that you can pack christmas up in a box and leave it in the loft for 11 months just to be dragged back out and re used at the end of the year.

That's a great shot, lovely conversion. (y)

We have a similar box...............only twice the size.......................and there are two of them! :D

Great shot cyclone the processing really suits it, day 5 was also great nice colours and those clouds look scary.

Well done mate, keep it up.

Sean

Back