Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Gone for fizzy water this time:

Angled shot
4095720709_c2eceec645.jpg

Bigger version

Taken directly overhead, colours are straight out of the camera!
4020082726_15e4eac570.jpg

Bigger version

Regards

Carl

I love both of these, the first makes it look like the drops are floating, the second is just great, the colours and depth is brilliant (y)

Number two wins it, but only just.

Excellent shots! (y)

Cheers for the feedback guys, one tip I have is use fresh fizzy water and get everything setup / positoned / focused prior to shooting. As soon as you're ready just use a finger tip to drop the water on your CD / DVD etc and start shooting as the bubbles grow pretty quickly. The fresher the fizz the bigger the bubbles and the weirder these look! I always use Tesco own brand fizz, the cheapest one they do (I think it's called Ashbeck spring or Peckham spring as my missus like to call it!) (y)

Carl

I really like both of these - the colours are great and I like the fizzy water effect (y)

Inspired by Carl i thought i'd have a go too.... first macro stuff I've done really, took delivery of my 100mm macro bought from the forums here so thought I should post something taken with it! C&C always appreciated.

4103771822_194d36e3f7_o.jpg

4103765196_fb9aecd5c6_o.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Carl!!

Jeremy.

Last edited:
Brilliant!!! I won't ask how many shots it took to get a "keeper", it's a real bugger getting the focus just right on these shot.(y)

Carl

Thanks Carl, much appreciated. I'd heard the DOF was narrow when doing macro but I didn't really appreciate HOW narrow it would be! Good fun!

Cheers again for the inspiration.

Jeremy.

whoah, thats this weekends project sorted out, colours are amazing, excellent stuff and such a simple idea. Ive got a few hundred quids worth of car wax sat in the garage doing nothing so reckon that may come into the equation too. That 2nd one is first class (y)

Back