Oi!! With 24-105

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I bought a Canon 24-105L last week to replace my 28-135 IS, dunno why because I hardly used it:thinking:. Anyway I thought, having spent all that dosh, I better at least try it out;)

Took Oi, the dog for a walk and started off by chucking her off a bridge:D
Oi-4-1.jpg

In a reflective kinda way
Oi2-1.jpg

Portrait
Oi-1-1.jpg

In the water (again)
Oi-2-1.jpg

Oh, she survived the bridge incident by the way and this is a crop from the bridge from about the same distance pic No 1 was taken from. Quite impressed with this 'doorstop' lens as somebody described it
Oi-5.jpg

Lovely set Brian (y) I love the last two shots and the lens seems to be doing it`s job. I have never had a dog but worked with a few on farms in my younger days :D and that would be my only choice if I ever did get one (y)

Cheers(y) It'll take a wee while to get the best out of the lens but I'm impressed so far.

Oi, is my third Collie, I just love them, really easy to train and very intelligent.

Cheers(y) It'll take a wee while to get the best out of the lens but I'm impressed so far.

Oi, is my third Collie, I just love them, really easy to train and very intelligent.

Arn`t they just (y) How do you find the lens compared to the 28-135 :shrug: Is there a gain in image quality or too early to tell as such.

Arn`t they just (y) How do you find the lens compared to the 28-135 :shrug: Is there a gain in image quality or too early to tell as such.

The lens is much, much sharper. Take the crop of Oi, in the river which was taken from the top of the bridge I was on. The 28-135 would never have retained so much detail on such a large crop. I regretted the purchase of the 28-135 almost as soon as I bought it and should have waited a wee while longer to get the 24-105. As I said, it'll take a wee bit of time to get used to it and get the best out of it but so far so good.

Back