Oil Seed Rape (picture added)

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
I went out for a walk in the fields behind our house yesterday evening and these are a few of my pictures. Any comments welcome.

ABAF0588.JPG

ABAF0605.JPG

ABAF0606.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I find these little yellow fellas just the same as bluebells. Really hard to get a satisfying shot of, often lacking the impact that you saw at the time but totally compelling as a subject matter.

I like these shots lots more than ones looking out over the top of a field of them. (y)

I find these little yellow fellas just the same as bluebells. Really hard to get a satisfying shot of, often lacking the impact that you saw at the time but totally compelling as a subject matter.

I like these shots lots more than ones looking out over the top of a field of them. (y)

I disagree :D

Number 2 is nice (y)

I disagree :D

That doesn't suprise me at all. I get compelled to shoot these fields every year and so far I have only one shot I really like. I've also yet to find anyone else that likes it, so it's safe to say I have an odd veiw on the subject. :LOL::LOL:

I like the first two and I'd like #1 about 6 times more if you were to gently rub the eraser tool over those few odd buds sticking out of the top right of the frame ;).

#3 appears both over-exposed and over-saturated, which may be intentional, but just there isn't really enough land/sky colour contrast for that to work well, IMHO.

#2 is the pick of the bunch for me too (y).

Thanks for the comments, I like #2 most aswell. I'm not sure what happened to #3, it looked ok before I posted it. #1 would look better without the buds.

Here is another one I shot this evening, I was trying to do something different !

ABAF0627.JPG

The last I actually prefer as it's out the box. Reminds me of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids".

Gary.

#1 and #2 are a little too much swathes of yellow for me but #3 looks good with the colour variation in the trees. I might be tempted to crop in slightly though as the slant on the trees does tend to lead your eye off the edge of the image.
Nice one.
H

Thanks for the comments ...
I & 2 are very yellow i agree , but this stuff is so bright and so yellow.... you need sunglasses ! Loads of it round here at the moment , i think it is pretty tricky, as someone has already mentioned, to get a really good shot of it .

Back