Ok I reckon its about time I played with my Leica M2

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been running my Voigtlander R2a recently and have come to the conclusion that I could be using the M2.

Now I've got separate lightmeters which I'm OK with, but would prefer to get the correct light meter that sits on top of the camera, especially as I have the never ready case that takes both camera and meter and use that instead.

Any ideas where I can get one that's guaranteed to be working from?

I understand about the battery issues and can use the hearing aid solution as I have a few adaptors.

I'm of course I'm also supposing that the M2 should be as reliable to use as the Bessa, are there any problems I should be looking out for?

Thanks for any help

Richard

Tips on Leicas and other things you can check this place out Click me

As for the meter HMMM!! apart from flea bay you could try shops like Richard Caplan :shrug:

Any ideas where I can get one that's guaranteed to be working from?

I'm of course I'm also supposing that the M2 should be as reliable to use as the Bessa, are there any problems I should be looking out for?

Thanks for any help

Richard

Richard

Check MWClassic. They get the leica stuff every week, and has one of the best prices. They list new stuff every friday; and its usually gone by Monday...

I am told that M2 is far more robust and reliable than Bessa...check for the RF alignment and cloudiness...

Thanks guys, the M2 has a £250 receipt for a CLA from a chap in Ludlow, everythings Minty, RF is aligned and clear. ;)

MWCLASSIC That's the one Ujjwal, I knew you had mentioned somewhere before and I had tried searching but had only found Ffordes.

They had 3 in before I went on holiday and now zero!

Well apart from one boxed broken one.

yeah, the boxed broken one is around for a good 6 months.

But these come in with unfailing regularity, so just a bit of patirence. Also check out Lionel Hughes

Shoot negative film, take ambient reading with £10 handheld meter, give it another half stop for good measure and carry on shhoting until the light changes to your eyes.

The neg film has good latitude for overexposure so normally you should be fine

After a while you will be able to do it without the meter

I 'guess' my exposure nowadays, at least on 35mm, and the negs are spot on if I do say so.
Fortunately I guessed my Lucky B&W stock was about half the 100asa claimed and I wasn't wrong.

Back