OK, I'm new here...

Welcome to the forum.

Clearly your not new to photography though.

Lovely shots. Something about the first shot that makes me feel a bit uneasy. Don't knwo what it is though. The last shot I just love. I tried to photograph a waterfall in Australia begining of the year. But they were in the middle of a drought and the waterfall was a trickle.

Beautiful landscape beautifully captured :)

The first shot is good but doesn't really do anything to me. The second is really lovely and the third, just breathtaking.

I think I see what you mean about the 1st making you feel uneasy natjag. It almost looks like the waterfall heads out of the shot one way and then doubles back into the distance. It's just a wideangle pointing down kinda thing I suspect.

Oh, the other thing that impressed me is how well they've been transfered to the web. I still cant manage to get pics uploaded and looking that crisp.

Great captures but as NJ says there is something about 1. Possibly the angle of the waterfall and the fall away angle of the river. That's not to detract from it though.

David.

Hello there new here. Some nice shots there. Number 3 is my favourite, although the vignetting at the top of the image is a bit too heavy for my liking. Maybe if it was blended a bit subtler, it would work better.:)

Hello there new here. Some nice shots there. Number 3 is my favourite, although the vignetting at the top of the image is a bit too heavy for my liking. Maybe if it was blended a bit subtler, it would work better.:)

Vignetting? No, just the shadowy areas. :) Cheers.

:wave:

love that first one with the rainbow in the waterfall...amazing shot!

Thankyou.

wow 1&3 are awesome, love the rainbow and the scale in #1. I'm a bit unsure about the light area above the rocks on the right of #3

Heavy spray from the fall, no getting aorund it I am affraid...meant I couldn't take a shot infront of the fall from the bottom too. :) Thanks

Great captures but as NJ says there is something about 1. Possibly the angle of the waterfall and the fall away angle of the river. That's not to detract from it though.
David.

Only one level to get that shot at and I wanted to include the rainbow and a few people, for scale. I always feel like falling when I look at the larger version :) Cheers

The first shot is good but doesn't really do anything to me. The second is really lovely and the third, just breathtaking.

I think I see what you mean about the 1st making you feel uneasy natjag. It almost looks like the waterfall heads out of the shot one way and then doubles back into the distance. It's just a wideangle pointing down kinda thing I suspect.

Oh, the other thing that impressed me is how well they've been transfered to the web. I still cant manage to get pics uploaded and looking that crisp.

They are all large (300KB) and I always sharpen the image AFTER resizing for web. :) Thanks.

Beautiful landscape beautifully captured :)

Thankyou.
Welcome to the forum.

Clearly your not new to photography though.

Lovely shots. Something about the first shot that makes me feel a bit uneasy. Don't knwo what it is though. The last shot I just love. I tried to photograph a waterfall in Australia begining of the year. But they were in the middle of a drought and the waterfall was a trickle.
´
Trickles are never good, there was still snow in the mountains above the falls so they are pretty fierce all year. Now it is snowing in the alps again....I feel I must go back :) Thanks.

I'm off to Austria next year, my parents just got back from there not too long ago. Their pics of Krimml waterfall arent quite as good as yours! Cant wait to get my camera there :)

(y) welcome
very nice intro but the 3rd shot is one id put on the wall very good well done

dave(y)

Stunning scenery. And very well shot IMO. Personally I'd normally go for slightly less blurring, but thats clearly the look you were going for here, and it works well (y)

Cheers guys.

I like the blurring but only if it fits with the mood I am after. Shot 1, I wanted to show the force of this place. shot 2, I played around with exposures but like the half blurred effect, sort of watercolour. Shot 3, looked tranquil from that angle so I stuck with the soft effect (mainly as the front stone stood out better), if I could have gotten in front without a soaking I would maybe have gone for a fast exposure.

Hi :welcome:

I like the 1st best

Oh my god numbers 1 and 3 are amazing!!! This is truly inspiring work. Hope I get that good one day. :) Beautiful!!!

In my busy-ness I have not ben keeping up with posts but glad I stopped by this one. Lovely shots, all!

I cannot agree with others about #1 in that it doesn't work. The fall takes your eye to the river or the rainbow. The distant hills slope back to the centre taking your eyes back into the picture and the rainbow similarly takes you back to the falls. The right hand wooded hillside mirrors the falls which does create a slight imbalance but this is nothing the photographer could do anything about and the other above mentioned components work to contain this effect as said.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

simply stunning images, no.3 is my favourite.

Superb shots all well executed..:)

I disagree I think number one is tremendous.

But number 3 - :clap:

I like 1 & 2 the best, the composition in the first one is great and the second is just fantastic the way the water looks, nice one :)

Back