Oklahoma at The Lowry Theater

Edit My Images
Yes
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.glancy2/okla/

Sorry for the watermarking, asking for money from the cast for the non-watermarked full sized images. Had to put the watermark and heavy jpeg compression there to stop any stealing :p

It's the first time i'll be making money from my pictures, and it was really nice taking them too :) I love theatre photography, second time i've done it, but first time i've got a chance of making a few bob from them :)

Unfortunately my 70-200 F/4 struggled in the low light conditions, that paired with ISO1600 gives you the noise you're seeing in the pictures :p

It was performed by the Salford Musical Theatre Company who do regular shows accross the popular theatres in Manchester including the Opera House, Lowry and Appollo theatres :)

IanC_UK said:
Some good pics int here Jonny !

Erm, this one im not sure he should have scissors let alone a gun ;)

21.jpg
Haha :p

You've got to love the facial expression, he's a farm worker named Jud, not all there in the play, the actor did a good job conveying that :D

He looks like Private Pile, (Full Metal Jacket), or that geezer out of Men In Black. :D
Top job Jonny. (y)

Great series of shots.
I thought they were quite vibrant.

I love doing costumed event photography and you did a great job here.

This was one of my favourites...

33.jpg

Ideally try and get to the dress rehersal if they want pictures. These have come out well and catch the mood and vibrancy of the show. Nowadays the 1600ASA setting can work well as a slightly grainy shot can add to the atmosphere. Gone are the days of 35mm and push processing!

Back