Old abandoned trailer

Name
Richard Black
Edit My Images
Yes
I popped out with the camera earlier when on the way back up the road i noticed this in a small wooded area. So i jumped the fence and had to photo it.
I thought the b&w added to the photo.
Quite happy with how this turned out.
DSC_00241.jpg

Nah thats good to hear Joe, just after advice really.

Quite nice, but I think a slightly lower angle would have helped. This shot gives the impression that you just walked up to and took a snap? Hope thats not too harsh, sorry!

I wouldn't say it was too harsh, the photo is a b&w snap. It's a poor effort when you look at the Mach Loop shots in the thread below :eek:

I wouldn't say it was too harsh, the photo is a b&w snap. It's a poor effort when you look at the Mach Loop shots in the thread below :eek:

Thanks...

Do you not understand the meaning of constructive criticism?

Everyone else here is polite, friendly and helpful, whereas you are quite the opposite.

I think that for this kind of shot, either you want an abstract angle (preferably low, diagonal) or you want to go right back.

Since the trailer is old and abandoned, the feeling of being abandoned will be a lot more powerful if it is engulfed by forestry.

Do you not understand the meaning of constructive criticism?

Everyone else here is polite, friendly and helpful, whereas you are quite the opposite.

I think that for this kind of shot, either you want an abstract angle (preferably low, diagonal) or you want to go right back.

Since the trailer is old and abandoned, the feeling of being abandoned will be a lot more powerful if it is engulfed by forestry.

I think its a nother revist job?
I wish i'd spent abit longer there, but it was a simpel quick jump over the wall and take a couple of snaps. Starting to think my D200 is wasted on me!

Its like the old Golf advert where all the modded golfs are crying being in the wrong hands lol

I think its a nother revist job?
I wish i'd spent abit longer there, but it was a simpel quick jump over the wall and take a couple of snaps. Starting to think my D200 is wasted on me!

Its like the old Golf advert where all the modded golfs are crying being in the wrong hands lol

I know the feeling. But you just get up, dust yourself down and get on with it. We're all learning constantly. I don't know anybody who knows everthing. (y)
Keep at it.

Your D200 is not wasted on you at all! It is just a case of a little bit of developing your eye. You already have the right ideas, just a tweak to the execution, that's all that is needed.

Are you quite tall by any chance?

I ask because my t'other half is 6'3" and because he sees the world from that height, he tends to shoot from that height too. I suppose it makes sense but you can't beat getting down low and filling the frame. If you look at a lot of the good landscape pics they are shot from low down and include some foreground interest. (I still get that one horrifically wrong)

You are right to go and revisit the trailer, let's see what you can do with some angles!

Yeh I'm 6ft1
When i shoot cars i get right down onto my elbows and knees to photo lol

Interesting how people's perception of what is good or interesting varies.

I think the trailer as a subject is quite good but the execution could have been much better...framing, angle, tones etc......sorry, but that's how I see it.

The Mach Loop jets....what is different? Sure, the timing has to be good but I presume AI servo and 5fps sees to that one. Artistic?...not remotely, the position and subject does that, not the tog.

My take on all this is that the fast low jet shots look good and take practice but they are factual images and not artistic (whether good or bad representations). In an aircraft forum, they'd be great...but it soon becomes a very repetative theme...fast jet blurred background...different jet, different blurred background. How many of these posts have asked "what could I have done better"...my guess is none. They're all saying "see what I can do"

So, back to your comment..."It's a b/w snap"...and your suggestion to improve it is...forget the trailer and shoot fast jets :shrug:

Bob

So, back to your comment..."It's a b/w snap"...and your suggestion to improve it is...forget the trailer and shoot fast jets :shrug:

Bob
My suggestion would be to just "forget the trailer!" :eek:

And to be fair the OP isn't asking for suggestions on how to improve it in the original post.

Maybe I just don't have an eye for certain subjects although I tend to think that some people want to turn a croquet hoop into rugby posts when it comes to moving the goalposts as far as what is and what isn't subjective goes.

*Backs away from forum*
Well i'll go back and take another. Hopefully a plane will past upon shutter actuation. ;)

Well i went back today. Got the afternoon off work :D
I still felt abit rushed.
DSC_00691.jpg

Thats better but for me your still looking down on it a bit muh and there is a lack of context. I think I would have mooved round to the left a little as you look at it and got lower so you got a sense of where it was. I do like the B&W conversion though and don't think a jet plane would improve it.

I'm glad cause there was no jets near by today :( lol
The reason i didn't move round some more was cause of that reeds? that to the lower left of the photo, didn't want to get them in the picture to much.

I got this by desaturating, selective colour on the black then a touch of dodge and burn.

I liked the possibilities of the first, and with the second, i actually like the angle its at, makes it look more abondoned :shrug:

I agree that the B&W works very well

If you go back for a third time, I'll look forward to it! Try sitting down and taking the shot? Then again, I'm all new to this, so not always advisable to listen to my advice!

Well done anyway (y)

You seriously went back for more? :LOL:

Can you please resist from making comments on my threads now. You're not welcome in them. If you had some CC and something worth reading then fair play. Till then, TA TA

i agree the second one is a lot better, good effort can you add more contrast to it?

I liked the possibilities of the first, and with the second, i actually like the angle its at, makes it look more abondoned :shrug:

I agree that the B&W works very well

If you go back for a third time, I'll look forward to it! Try sitting down and taking the shot? Then again, I'm all new to this, so not always advisable to listen to my advice!

Well done anyway (y)

Cheers, i may actually revist it tomorrow. I'm on holiday tomorrow cause a set of professional photographers for total vauxhall are coming to feature my car. So after that i'm going to go on the prowl with the camera.
I would have loved to have sat down, but there was a loud set of barking going on behind me. Then i noticed a owner of the a house looking down on the field seemed to be keeping a close eye on me... :bonk:

with contrast i'm always a little bit confused. How do you suggest i try it? What actually is contrast actually lol

do you have photoshop, if so look under enhance contrast.

it makes the dark bits darker and the light bits lighter meaning the photo is less grey

hth

Mark

:LOL: Genius! Next time though, don't let getting mauled get in the way of a getting a good shot!! :nono: :LOL:

DSC_00692.jpg

Contrast altered slightly.

Most pointless photo in the world, but i wanna get it right.

I've edited the photo above to save posting too many pics.

Getting the hang of it now! lol

Keep going at it vecsri ... (y)

I am sure there is a good shot to be had from that trailer somewhere despite what another member may think.

Maybe a portrait wide angle shot from one of the ends of the trailer may be it ... :shrug:

I don't know about what anyone else thinks, but where are your photos?
Where have your c+c threads been, asking for people's opinions of your shots?

At least this guy is trying.
You're just being an a#sehole.
Lighten up - I'm only pulling his leg (y)

There's plenty of my stuff in the sports forum, C&C all you like :love:

Lighten up - I'm only pulling his leg (y)

There's plenty of my stuff in the sports forum, C&C all you like :love:

May I suggest you preview your posts before posting them onto the forum then!

We pride ourselves in being a helpful and friendly forum here and your other posts in this thread have not been in keeping with this.

Keep going at it vecsri ... (y)

I am sure there is a good shot to be had from that trailer somewhere despite what another member may think.

Maybe a portrait wide angle shot from one of the ends of the trailer may be it ... :shrug:

I don't own a wideangle unfortunatly, I'm using my 24-70mm Sigma.

Back