Old Brighton Pier

First two have real impact with the angle & dramatic crowds, but have lost something in the processing, those halos around the posts are a significant distraction.

Thanks Les, i'm not sure where those halo's came from as i have not really done much processing to the posts but I noticed it as well and it bugged me.

Thanks Les, i'm not sure where those halo's came from as i have not really done much processing to the posts but I noticed it as well and it bugged me.

Sometimes happens when you try and pull back shadow detail ?
I'd be tempted to leave the posts a little darker to see if that minimises the halos?

Great trio of images. Whilst the subject screams back and white I must admit to liking #1 the best. I think it is the combination of rusty metal and vivid blue skies.

Lovely set of images, the first one in colour is very nice indeed and my favourite. The slow shutter sky works very well and the overall feel of the image is slightly other worldly. Great work.

I really like those, especially number 3. For some reason the posters on the right hand column draw my eye too much on the others; probably just my OCD!

Is that a dust spot bottom right of the pier though, or a rain drop?

Lovely set. Love the motion in the sky.

Back