Old cameras in new display

what do you all vote for for me to use as my first film camera

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Met a guy yesterday at the Kenilworth Show supercar meet*, wandering round with a Zent-E and a Helios 50 stuck on the front, had it since new, doesn't do this modern computery stuff, and didn't like my Pentaxes as they were too small and light! Mind you, he did have Big Hands...

* Featuring a MacLaren, two Vortexes, one of which was Tango Orange, Lamborghini, Maserait, multiple Jags including one with a machine gun mounted on top, etc etc! None of which has anything to do with anything, but I thought you might like to know...

If you're a newbie, use the Trip 35 that's in there, as long as it works properly (all your cameras work, right?) you'll get some decent results :)

Last edited:
The Trip 35 is lovely and very simple, and a nice lens. Good starting point to actually getting the pics! No batteries to go wrong, just remember to set one of the distance zones (IIRC).

Ok everyone, poll is now over, although the nettar won the poll, I shall not only be using the zeiss but will also be using the trip 35 as advised by a few on this thread( I forgot to add it to the poll). So they will be my first two cameras, let the film journey begin!.....now to get some film :)

^^^^^^^

Bloody coward :)

Zeiss ikon nettar

Of course. :)

On its way(y)

Out of interest does anyone have a rough idea of how much is an Olympus OM1 with a zuiko 50mm 1.8 lens in perfect condition worth?

Out of interest does anyone have a rough idea of how much is an Olympus OM1 with a zuiko 50mm 1.8 lens in perfect condition worth?

How are the camera body seals, does the lens focus smoothly, is there any corrosion in the battery compartment, is there any fungus/haze/scratches/wear to lens glass and cosmetics, any dings in the chrome of the body, any marks to focusing screen/prism, does the metering appear to be accurate, slow shutter speeds sound good?

All things that affect price.

How are the camera body seals, does the lens focus smoothly, is there any corrosion in the battery compartment, is there any fungus/haze/scratches/wear to lens glass and cosmetics, any dings in the chrome of the body, any marks to focusing screen/prism, does the metering appear to be accurate, slow shutter speeds sound good?

All things that affect price.

The camera has been used recently, good seals, good focus, no corrosion, no dings, light metering is In good working order, all round great condition.

One other thing - has it been converted for 1.5V battery use? (they originally take 1.35v mercury cells that are now banned) Converted models are more desirable :)

One other thing - has it been converted for 1.5V battery use? (they originally take 1.35v mercury cells that are now banned) Converted models are more desirable :)

She's not too sure, either way roughly what would the price on one of them be with a 1.5v conversion and without :)

So today I have received my first 120 film! Big thanks to Richard :)

Back