Old exposed film development.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been checking through some of my odds and ends storage boxes and have found an exposed HP5+ 120 roll film.
I had written on the label " MoskvaTest Exp@100 Oops!". A test film from around 17 years ago.
I can imagine all sorts of light leaks, silly subject matter and out of focus issues...

It just happens that I wanted a test film to try out my drier.

I can develop in Bellini Duo step (Diafine?), Rodinal and Ilfosol3. The film has been stored in a biscuit tin in the wardrobe.

Treat it like a just-shot, fresh film or give it some extra dev? (The Massive Dev Chart suggests Rodinal at 1+50 for 9mins, if fresh film )

Last edited:
The old standby for getting something from an old film was stand or semi-stand development in Rodinal (1 : 100) for an hour, but I'm sure that others with more relevant experience will be along soon.

The old standby for getting something from an old film was stand or semi-stand development in Rodinal (1 : 100) for an hour, but I'm sure that others with more relevant experience will be along soon.
This is what I do with old films.

I went with the MDC suggestion of 9 mins at 1:50 Rodinal.
Negs came out, some maybe a bit heavy, but it was a test film and can have any number of problems.
As a test for my drier, it worked well.

Back