Old House

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I have recently taken up photograpy and I'm looking some some critique on my work. This is an image I took yesterday evening and I wanted to show off the grandness and seriousness of the house, if that makes sense.

Anyway I'd love to hear back from anyone and be as critical as possible as I want to learn from my mistakes.

All the best,
Loch

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2452/3922549741_3915e25330_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Yoby,

Theres an image up there now............... I hope!!

Its a decent enough photo Aaron, and has a nice 'feel' about it. However, two very obvious faults - the house isn't standing up straight, and the sky is washed out. The first is easy to correct, the second a little more difficult. The use of Neutral Graduated filters is common in landscape photography, but would probably cause problems here because of the house 'intruding' into the dark area of the filter. The other way of dealing with this is in software. You need to learn the basics of tone mapping, selective increases in contrast, and layer masking. Its all here on the forum! Have a read in the Tips and Techniques' section. You soon start to pick it up!

Best of luck.

Thanks Horrocks, Much arpreciated.

I'll take a look at the tips and tricks section and see what I can learn

Ah,
Beaten to it. Pretty much agree with everything already said. Looks like a great location though, I'd be tempted to return perhaps early morning or late evening (if we ever get any sun) when the light's generally 'better'. Would also like to try a few different aspects of the house as well.

Is it a private house or open to the public (as in can you go back and shoot at will or was this a quick drive by as it were).

Back