Old Irish windmill - my first Astro photography attempt.

Old Irish windmill - my first Astro photography attempt. Nothing special, shot at 6am ISO3600 SS15 F4 Fuji XT2 13mm

View attachment 266051

Wow, this is fantastic.... I am quite envious.
Is this one shot or is it photo stacked? This is something I want to attempt this year.

Wow, this is fantastic.... I am quite envious.
Is this one shot or is it photo stacked? This is something I want to attempt this year.

Evening, thanks for the kind words.
it’s one shot, I did take multiple exposures while playing with settings, but I am unsure how to stack them without star trails while keeping the foreground properly exposed.

Evening, thanks for the kind words.
it’s one shot, I did take multiple exposures while playing with settings, but I am unsure how to stack them without star trails while keeping the foreground properly exposed.

You have just given me hope and heaps of inspiration as I don’t know how to stack either. Thank you for replying to me.

There is a guy from Northern Ireland here called Alistar hamill. Have a look on his website as he has a good guide for Astro photo’s. It’s called “don’t be afraid of the dark”

There is a guy from Northern Ireland here called Alistar hamill. Have a look on his website as he has a good guide for Astro photo’s. It’s called “don’t be afraid of the dark”

good site! thanks for posting (y)

Back