Old Lenses

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I was wondering if all you knowledgeable togs wouldn't mind helping me out with a list.

I am new to micro 4/3rds cameras. I have the Olympus 17mm f1.8 and the Olympus 45mm f1.8 along with my 12-50mm kit lens. These go well with my
Olympus Em5 mkII.

Now I know I can use Panasonic lenses but what older manual lenses are out there to use? Pics of these lenses would also help me in my search.

Thanks all

Andy

You can easily mount (with the correct adapter from ebay) lenses in the following mounts:

Nikon (non-AI, AI, AIS with a basic adapter) (AF lenses with a more complex adapter)
Canon FL/FD
Minolta MD
M42 screw mount
Pentax K
Olympus OM
Contax/Yashica
Leica R
Leica M
Leica L39
Exakta
Tamron Adaptall / Adaptall-2 / SP
Pentax-110
Praktica PB
Rollei
Pentacon Six
Canon EF (but you'll need an expensive adapter to make changing aperture work)

I've probably missed a bunch off too lol

The world is your oyster with this. There are masses of options. Bear in mind though that the M4/3 format effectively gives a 2x crop factor which means that a traditional wide angles lens such as a 28mm becomes more akin to a short telephoto. The big advantage therefore seems to come at the longer end of the scale where something like a 300mm 2.8 behaves more akin a 600mm 2.8 which is quite appealing! I also love using my OM 50mm 1.4 and 135mm 2.8 lenses on M4/3 for similar reasons.

Back