Old look Hurricane

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this one at Dawlish this year.
It was not as sharp as I wanted but quite liked the glare on the cockpit.
Decided to set myself a challenge of an old look.
Your comments good or bad apprecitated (y)

9730308971_c5fe2a11a3_c.jpg
[/url] Hurricane by rkcphotos, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sorry I don't think it works. The processing is very good with the exception of really the saturation needs turning down on the original image, in keeping with the distressing in reality the media wouldn't be as bright.

However, the underlying image isn't great - as you said it's not sharp and the highlights are too far blown. I'd love to see the same processing applied to another image though as I think its quite clever, and would enhance the right image.

I like the pp on the background - what did you use to get the effect?
Fair point re brightness on subject - bit duller and grungier to get to old look feel maybe?

Sorry I don't think it works. The processing is very good with the exception of really the saturation needs turning down on the original image, in keeping with the distressing in reality the media wouldn't be as bright.

However, the underlying image isn't great - as you said it's not sharp and the highlights are too far blown. I'd love to see the same processing applied to another image though as I think its quite clever, and would enhance the right image.

Hi Caleb
Thank you for your comments (y)
the point about the saturation is something you are absolutely right about I had not even given it a thought :bonk:

I like the pp on the background - what did you use to get the effect?
Fair point re brightness on subject - bit duller and grungier to get to old look feel maybe?

hi Adrian
Just used google free grunge textures, used 2 textures one cracked plaster and yellow dirty looking texture, just added them as layers and altered opacity and few other sliders until I got something which looked ok :)

thank you for comments appreciated (y)

Last edited:
Bob I've just been on your flickr, crikey with your bird shots I'm amazed this image isn't sharp! Some really nice work there.

In the interim, as I said you are onto a winner with the processing with the right image. I'd recommend using this image http://www.flickr.com/photos/34317878@N02/6037452837/ and dulling it down, maybe add a sepia tone and it should look epic :)

Looks like a retro postcard to me and for that I think it works.

Bob I've just been on your flickr, crikey with your bird shots I'm amazed this image isn't sharp! Some really nice work there.

In the interim, as I said you are onto a winner with the processing with the right image. I'd recommend using this image http://www.flickr.com/photos/34317878@N02/6037452837/ and dulling it down, maybe add a sepia tone and it should look epic :)

Hi Caleb
Thank you for your comments re flickr (y)

I know it was big target but still missed some due to poor panning :( and to be honest I was going to bin but I just like the glare of the cockpit ( good job I was not a 109 :D ) I thought lack of sharpness might lend itself to an old print been hanging around for years.

will have a go with the train and see how it goes (y)

I quite like it, it looks old but not of the era, and as others have said, the flare off the canopy is too distracting but still a very nice shot

I quite like it, it looks old but not of the era, and as others have said, the flare off the canopy is too distracting but still a very nice shot

Thank you for comment (y)

Back