Old Man of Storr sunrise

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Great light, great shot. I prefer the panoramic shot and really think the rainbow makes it. Excellent work.

That's some really intense light in the first. I prefer the crop too as it focusses attention on the pinnacles and rainbow. I'm not so keen on 2 & 3. There's too much going on and they don't have the simplicity or definite focus point of the first. They also look a bit garish, whereas in the first (dark low clouds and rainbow) you expect some rather special light.

Great shots.

I prefer number 2 of the set - possibly because I'm viewing it on a larger screen - and that gives it a greater sense of depth and complexity. The uncropped first image also works better for me as it gives the focal point greater context and also provides a sense of spaciousness that the cropped image lacks.

Excellent shots , also prefer no2 , have been there 3 times and never seen a thing (y)

Nice shots, just a bit too bright for my young eyes! Panoramic for sure on the first.

All very nice but I was too busy tracing the secondary rainbows in the first two shots. 3 & 4 for me.

I really love the panoramic cropped one. The rainbow is a great touch.

I find the yellows a touch vivid but that's just my personal preference.

Lovely inclusion of the rainbow, but the lighting is too harsh for me, perhaps a little earlier, would have seen the shadow cover more of the foreground in the first image, and make the areas of light jump more, they feel a bit too 'in your face'
Great compositions throughout though, and I appreciate that the light may have been as represented in the photos, but I would prefer to see them a touch more muted in PP if that is the case.
2 and 3 the pick of the set compositionally.

1B for me. I can't help feeling 1A and 1B are both 'leaning' over a bit

Number 1 is lovely, however it is a bit too bright. Try reducing the highlights and putting a graduated filter over the sky in Photoshop (Camera Raw). If you also bring the midtones down a little you have a cracking image.

As above a stunning set of an unbelievable location - can't believe I haven't been !!

1B for me. I can't help feeling 1A and 1B are both 'leaning' over a bit
I agree, I know they aren't but they make me feel slightly acrophobic! I love the photos though and would love to visit one day

#3 is my favourite, the colour of the ater is quite vivid and it breaks a bi the yellow/green from the mountain

I could darken the first one slightly if that helps to improve it. The light was indeed very strong that morning.

I agree, I know they aren't but they make me feel slightly acrophobic! I love the photos though and would love to visit one day

They are very level :) but the place is anything but! :) The last ones were in fact taken from a ridge with quite a steep gradient

All excellent, It's difficult to choose the best one, as comments from others confirm.
I think the composition of 3 just edges it for me along with the dark blue water complimenting the strong yellow of the foreground.

Back