old nikon film gear???

Name
simon
Edit My Images
Yes
hi
in this digital age! are any of the following still sort after?
bodies f80,f601,f301,f60,f401x
flash guns sb22, sb23
lenses (all nikon fit)
tokina af 35-300 and 70-210
sigma 24-70, 28-85
tamron af 28-200LD

as these all belonged to my father, i would rather keep them than sell them for just a "few quid"!
but am interested to know if there is a market out there for them.
thanks guys

If you want to know the prices go over to E-Bay and have a look there ,but Togs on here will not pay the same as some nuts on E-Bay pay to much in bid fever.!:shake:

If you like photography,you have some good kit there that you can use.(y)

I do not know what age the lens are but are they of no use to you?

have tried the tok 35-300 (serious ammount of lens creep)
and the tam 28-200. both work ok, but i dont know if these older lenses are suited to the sensor format of my d90. will try them again but time is a problem for the next couple of weeks.
thing is, with me being an absolute beginner, i wouldnt know if the lenses were good or bad.
cheers

btw all appear in excellent condition.

If you want to know the prices go over to E-Bay and have a look there ,but Togs on here will not pay the same as some nuts on E-Bay pay to much in bid fever.!:shake:

If you like photography,you have some good kit there that you can use.(y)

i assume you refer to the two af lenses?
the bodies i could not use (too green) and the flashes i am told wont work on my d90.

What does too green mean, you are too green, or they have some galloping fungus infections ?

The lenses will work fine on a D90, they are f mount so they will work to some extent or another.
Don't see why the SB's won't either, unless there's some trigger voltage problem...:shrug:

What does too green mean, you are too green, or they have some galloping fungus infections ?

The lenses will work fine on a D90, they are f mount so they will work to some extent or another.
Don't see why the SB's won't either, unless there's some trigger voltage problem...:shrug:

yes mate , i meant i am too green.
i asked in jessops about the sb's and they said they wont work in TTL mode with a digital body.
as i am a beginner i wanted something fully automated with my d90, until such time as ,I know a bit more!
cheers

Set them aside. In a few months you may well find yourself looking for cheap flashes on eBay to do some off camera work.

Can never have enough strobes!

they will work "off camera" then?

The f80 and F60 are modern auto pilot capable cameras, dunno about the others, I only do big film stuffs

don't....don't say......:eek:.....you're scared of......film

dun dun derrrrr

:D

Anyway, getting back to it, there is a market but, the filmy's like to keep it cheap, we don't want no high falootin big money price hikes on body's using a clearly inferior photographic medium...;)

There must be a couple of hundred quid in the body's, but don't tell em I said *guessed* that..

The f80 and F60 are modern auto pilot capable cameras, dunno about the others, I only do big film stuffs

don't....don't say......:eek:.....you're scared of......film

dun dun derrrrr

:D

Anyway, getting back to it, there is a market but, the filmy's like to keep it cheap, we don't want no high falootin big money price hikes on body's using a clearly inferior photographic medium...;)

There must be a couple of hundred quid in the body's, but don't tell em I said *guessed* that..

yep i am scared of film!
at least with my d90, i can (and do) delete 95% of the crap i shoot. imagine paying for processing all that junk.:D

i feel a bit like i am stood at the foot of Mt everest (the mountain,in this case, is photographic knowledge) and i cant climb!
maybe i should hang on to all of it and see what i can/cant use in the future.
cheers for all the replies

You just need to be a little more choosy about what you shoot, don't be afraid to go out with the intention of taking pictures, and coming back with the film counter still reading 1.
That's the way it goes sometimes, its like going home with 199 on the digital counter and slinging the lot in the bin.
The difference is, you'll have learnt 199 ways not to shoot a photo with digital, so in that respect digital has to come first.
This isn't about camera settings, both body's will do exactly the same thing, its about you and how you choose and shoot the scenes that you see.:)

You will learn more with digital,as you can bin em and it costs nowt.
With film it is expensive, but keep the cameras and when you feel ready (and you will) go out with a film camera, that will learn you to look for the shot as film shots can't be binned without cost.

It will come and you will be glad you kept em.;)

Back