Old shots, new processing.

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Please beg my indulgence, I have just purchased the Nik software suite and was having a play with some old shots.

Getting to grips with Silver Efex.

Loch Leven & Glencoe by beckphotonik, on Flickr

Eskdale stepping stones by beckphotonik, on Flickr

The original colour source with just LR 5/6 adjustments.

Eskdale stepping stones by beckphotonik, on Flickr

And finally a shameless attempt to see if I can get close to Mark (@Eljay) Littlejohn's stunningly moody presentations. I know I have a long way to go to get close to his work but you have to start somewhere.

A Wasdale Beck by beckphotonik, on Flickr

Comments welcome.

Very nice Donna. 1st and last for me, perhaps you could increase the exposure and contrast slightly on the last?

Point taken Neil and thanks for the comment. The last is a real work in progress, in LR I have since altered the tint very slightly and will re-visit exposure & contrast as you suggest.

It's amazing how B &W can show the true essence of a picture. Nice work.

I rather like the first one and could see it as a square possibly. Silver Efex is a great tool for B&W.

Thank you for the wee comment on your last. A nice starting point and I like the light coming through. I think the important bit is to do your own thing and commit to it. To a certain extent it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I rather like the first one and could see it as a square possibly. Silver Efex is a great tool for B&W.

Thank you for the wee comment on your last. A nice starting point and I like the light coming through. I think the important bit is to do your own thing and commit to it. To a certain extent it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Thanks Mark.

Back