Old slides / New life

Edit My Images
Yes
Always being one who tries to get the most out of my equipment, here is what I've cobbled together to give our slides a new go.
With my Olympus SP-550UZ *plz don't cringe* on a tripod, computer and Panavise with head #366 acting as my slide tray here's how I get them to work.
The first step is straight forward enough - camera on tripod in front of computer monitor.
Second, set your monitor to pure white in the desktop tab. It is now my lightbox. Or run outside while it's nice and grab the shade of sky blue that you like and set that as your wallpaper.
Place whatever you have to use as a slide tray in between the first two items and have fun.
While I'm at it, I've taken to bracket shooting the slides and giving some of them a quick run thru Photomatix and they come out just beautifully.
The first part to doing this came to me about a year ago. The second smarter part of bracketing them just recently. If this isn't an original post I appologize, I don't get out much. If it is I hope it helps and I can keep pulling my suspenders for awhile :)

I've digitised a couple of shots for a mate using a lightbox and the digital camera mounted above the lightbox - 5x4" and 10x8" velvia slides which he wanted a low-ish resolution shot for his digital shots archive. While it worked, I think that a scan gave better output. Sadly, my Canoscan 8800F only works up to 120 format :shrug:

Back