Old Steam Engines With Old Camera on Film

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend I dug out my old Contaflex S film camera (1968) and spent the day at Mid Hants railway. Lenses used were just the standard Zeiss Pro Tessar 50mm F2.8 and a wide angle Zeiss Pro Tessar 35mm F3.2

I did use my Zeiss 'telephoto' 115mm F4 on another roll of film but thats still in the camera!!

I've just got the pics back (from Tesco) and have scanned them properly to my pc so here as they say are the results!!! Film used was Fuji Superia 100asa.

All I've done on scanning is tweak the levels really and adjust the exposure slightly on a couple of shots. In the main this is straight from scanned negs.

I'm very pleased how they came out considering the camera is 42 years old and the film was seriously out of date!! I have a roll of black and white still in the camera which I'll finish off tomorrow hopefully.

Anyways have a look.... who needs this new fangled digital stuff and L series lenses :LOL::LOL::bonk:

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-38.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Untitled-36.jpg

A really fine set of shots and some very clever angleswhat station was this as I am holidaying in Hampshire next week so hoping to pop up to the Mid Hants

All of these were taken at Ropley station. Not only do you get the engine sheds there but there are also some lovely lineside walks heading back towards Alresford.

I go there a lot, off there shortly as it happens!! Its my local line so its great for practicing steam photography. Only choice to make today is whether to take the zeiss back or dig out an EOS600 I got for 8 quid off ebay and give that a go :naughty:

You might find me there next weekend if you decide to head on down....

Exceptional stuff, love the angles and I'm seriously looking forward to seeing the black and white shots.

Andy

I love a good steam train photo, & you have a few good ones there. Well done.

Back