Old wagon wheel

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this awhile back and can not decided,,,colour or b&w.
What parameters do you set for yourself when doing a b&w? For me its just if i like it in b&w but im sure there is more to it than that,, your thoughts please.
I have attached my examples (frustrations):bonk:
4365034652_17b525e56f_o.jpg

4365032984_ccab2c5111_o.jpg

this is only my inexperienced 2p worth, colour shot is quite nice, like the grain and the added bit of rusty metal, closer crop maybe?, make the wood on the closest wheel stand out?, B+W, same again tighter crop?, up the contrast, would there be any way to darken the background?, and make the first wheel jump out?, like i say only guessing, i dont even have my camera yet :LOL:, so please ignore me if i am talking twaddle. Gareth.

p.s i personally prefer the B+W.

I hear what you saying,,interesting comments i will have a play, see what i come up with.
Cheers Mark(y)

this is only my inexperienced 2p worth, colour shot is quite nice, like the grain and the added bit of rusty metal, closer crop maybe?, make the wood on the closest wheel stand out?, B+W, same again tighter crop?, up the contrast, would there be any way to darken the background?, and make the first wheel jump out?, like i say only guessing, i dont even have my camera yet :LOL:, so please ignore me if i am talking twaddle. Gareth.

p.s i personally prefer the B+W.

What do you think now

4364434861_40ba1b8b24_o.jpg

I like the colour picture best, and maybe would only crop a bit off the top and the left as i like the BG wheel that is blurred

I like the colour picture best, and maybe would only crop a bit off the top and the left as i like the BG wheel that is blurred

Is this what you meant, i think your correct it does look better.

4365966129_f26c3f48bb_o.jpg

thanks everyone for your advise the end result is much better....(y)

I thought sweetie wagon wheel too smalls lol. I prefer the colour, the b&w gives no feeling to the wood.

Back