Older motorised Nikon Body

What lens were you using? for old manual focus lens you need to set the lens profile on the camera setting.

Assuming these are AF lenses then make sure to set the lens to it's minimum aperture, typically f22 but not knowing which lenses it's a bit of a guess ;)

It was all set up correctly, set to f22 and took a few photos. The lenses are all off my old Nikon film cameras. Just I thought I could of gotten an older motorised digital body, and brought all my old lenses back into use. Anyway the results did not impress me to do anything further. So for now I am putting things on hold, and I will re think things at a later date.

Thanks for all the help offered above, and the Private messages I received. But for now I am putting things on hold, and not getting a DSLR for the moment.

Sometimes some old lens is not that great on DSLR. Depend what lens we talking about.

Sometimes some old lens is not that great on DSLR. Depend what lens we talking about.
They were the cheapo kit lenses that came with my Nikon f60 and an old Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di and the Nikon 50mm 1.8D

I think the only lens that would be good to use is the 50mm f1.8D. the other two is probably not that great on DSLR.

The 50mm f1.8D is great, nothing wrong with that one. Another oldy that I like to use is the 24-120 AF-D aka 'streetsweeper', brilliant lens and worked well with my Nikon...

PS. Another advantage of the D7000 is the ability to meter with older lenses like the fantastic 105mm f2.5

I think the only lens that would be good to use is the 50mm f1.8D. the other two is probably not that great on DSLR.

The 50mm f1.8D is great, nothing wrong with that one. Another oldy that I like to use is the 24-120 AF-D aka 'streetsweeper', brilliant lens and worked well with my Nikon...

PS. Another advantage of the D7000 is the ability to meter with older lenses like the fantastic 105mm f2.5

Thanks for the replies.

Out of the lenses I mentioned the 50mm was the better lens out of the bunch, but even then it was not particularity great. But I was not that impressed with the images, I got with the lenses I used. I know it was not the body, just the crap lenses. To be honest, the images from my old Fuji X10 are much better. So for the moment, I am not bothering to bring my old lenses back into use.

I will wait for a while, till I can get some cash and get some decent lenses...

I hear what you say about the old Tamrons etc...However that 50mm f1.8 should be a little gem...What else have you got?

I hear what you say about the old Tamrons etc...However that 50mm f1.8 should be a little gem...What else have you got?
That's all I have got left now, gone and got rid of most now...

Back