B&W 'Oldie' from my files -- 1950's

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's an 'Oldie' from my files found in an old album with 'press reproductions' as I won £25-00 in the 'Evening Standard' newspaper 'Amateur Cameraman' competition and £ 2-00 in 'Practical Photography' magazine -- it was taken in about 1959 in Barking, Essex ( England) at the annual Carnival Fairground on an AGFA ISOLETTE III with 75mm f3.5 SOLINAR lens that I had got in Germany for £10-00 ( a LOT of MONEY !) and given to my Aunt as a present then she couldn't understand all the 'technical things' such as Aperture and Shutter Speed so it went to a Cousin in the end -- many years later I was GIVEN that same model III by a lady Camera Club member and I USE it as I can work the 'technical things' no problems ! I used Kodak Tri-X film processed in ID11 and a Braun Hobby Automatic Flash that I had bought in Germany for £14-00 when I was in the Army and here in UK they were £39-00 with all the TAXES !
View attachment 29758

I have an Ansco Speedex Special R which I think is the same as the Isolette III. Apotar lens and non coupled rangefinder.

It was a gift from a member of APUG a few years ago. His hobby was refurbising them and giving them away. It is in new condition with a cleaned and adjusted shutter and new leather bellows (so possibly better than new).

I was very pleased to get it as my first camera at ten years old back in 1974 was an Isolette.

I love the look on his face!

Steve.

I think I remember reading that story and I bet he was pleased it went to a 'Good Home' where it would be appreciated.

Now THAT is a cracking shot! :)

Pete. You have marvellous recall. And it is a terrific shot.

Back