Oly Trip 35

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I gave the owd Olympus Trip 35 an airing this weekend.

Two of my faves...

Shot on HP5 and home developed in Ilfosol3.

1. The Missus

2. "Coffee to GO!" - Liverpool Lime Street.

Great stuff. The first one in particular I'm impressed by knowing how the focusing works on the trip. Really nailed that one.

Just so happens that I replaced the seals on my Trip at the weekend and have a roll of HP5 ready to go in. Ashamed to admit that I've had the camera a few months and am yet to shoot a single shot on it.

Do it! It's a lovely little cameras to use as long as you're aware of it's limitations. I'll add a few more this evening. One of which was taken after the red flag said NO with low light. I just set the aperture manually and wide open and shot anyway :)

A couple more...

Industrial - through the train window :)

MM-OlyTrip-HP5-030.jpg~original

Manual and wide open - probably at lest two stops underexposed. Beer Festival Pals :)

MM-OlyTrip-HP5-024.jpg~original

It's a cracking little camera and an icon of the 60s and 70s.
I have two, (was 3, but I gave one to my mate) dont think I will ever be without one to be honest.
I also have several (well, quite a lot) other Olympus 35mm cameras. the two I pick up most are the Trip and 35RC RF.
Just love the retro look of these cameras!

Thanks @wontolla

I've been looking at the 35 RC for a while now. More features and better focusing I know - but how is the lens / image quality compared to the Trip 35?

Thanks @wontolla

I've been looking at the 35 RC for a while now. More features and better focusing I know - but how is the lens / image quality compared to the Trip 35?

To be honest, I don't think there is much between them lens wise. Depends on how fast you can use the zone focus on the trip and the RF 'patch' on the RC. Only you can answer that.
The RC is smaller, neater and fits the pocket better, and I love the focus system on it. If you get one, make sure the viewfinder is clean or you may struggle to line up the focus patches.
Its not a really big job to clean it, but you need to be confident in what you do. The light seals are a little more fiddly to replace on the RC than the Trip.
If you want a faster (and IMO slightly better) lens than the Trip/RC, look at the RD, shutter speed down to 1/2 second, and up to 500th and a 6 element lens, f1.7 puts it a step or two above the RC, BUT it needs a bigger pocket!

Thanks - will try to get an actual hold of one for a go. :)

Thanks - will try to get an actual hold of one for a go. :)
Where in this great country of ours do you reside? I have two and you are welcome to try one of them!

I'm in Wigan :)

I'm near Bury, J19 M60. if your passing anytime you're welcome to call and take it to try.

Awesome - next time I'm up at the East Lancs Railway I'll let you know. I can bring something fro you to try too :)

Awesome - next time I'm up at the East Lancs Railway I'll let you know. I can bring something fro you to try too :)
Go there quite a bit myself!

Cool - maybe meet up for a brew on the platform at the next Gala or summat?

Yep, why not! next one is the spring diesel gala 7/8 march.

Sorted! :)

PM incoming.

Sun 22nd, Coffee in the cafe on Bolton Street Station about 0930 ish?

Sounds like a plan :)

Back