Oly trip Question

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Should I be able to see the aperture blades open and close when I turn the aperture ring??

As far as I know, the blades stay closed until you take the photo then they open to the the pre determined aperture. I could be wrong but in sure I read that on one of the fan sites before I bought mine.

Turn the aperture ring to the f number, and do half pressure on the release and you should see it closing down

They should move as you press the shutter button to the point of almost firing the shutter. The position they stop at is determined by the amount of light the meter is receiving. Small hole with lots of light, big hole with not much light.

If they do not move at all, a repair is required. There is a good instruction page somewhere. Google should find it.

Steve.

Steve, that's what happens when the aperture ring is set to A, but you can select a particular aperture when, say, using a flash.

There should still be some form of automatic movement.

Unless set to f22, the aperture will open up to the selected stop when you press the shutter. It's quite clever though as if there is a lot of ambient light, it will try to prevent overexposure by only opening up as much as is needed for the ambient. this makes the flash into a fill light rather than the main light.

Steve.

Back