Olympus cash back offer

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to get the Olympus 45mm f1.8 for £149 from John Lewis. This lens qualifies for £30 a cashback offer from Olympus.

I filled in their form with a copy of my emailed order confirmation from John Lewis. I have had a reply which includes this

"Please note that online or e-mail order confirmations and delivery notes are not acceptable proof of purchase for this promotion."

As I have not had any paper based confirmation, there was a shipping confirmation in the box, how the hell are you meant to claim the money back?

Thanks

I managed to get the Olympus 45mm f1.8 for £149 from John Lewis. This lens qualifies for £30 a cashback offer from Olympus.

I filled in their form with a copy of my emailed order confirmation from John Lewis. I have had a reply which includes this

"Please note that online or e-mail order confirmations and delivery notes are not acceptable proof of purchase for this promotion."

As I have not had any paper based confirmation, there was a shipping confirmation in the box, how the hell are you meant to claim the money back?

Thanks
sign in to your John lewis account and you can print out a vat receipt which is what they are after,if you can't or don't have a printer go to john lewis and they will do it for you,just give them the details of your order and they will print it out for you,i had the same problem last year and JL sorted it.
if Cash back is offered then you will get it despite the fact they are charging a lot more now than most other places,makes no difference you will still get it.

Its up for £279 currently, i'd be amazed if you got any further cashback on that offer to be honest.

http://www.johnlewis.com/olympus-m-zuiko-digital-45mm-f-1-8g-standard-lens/p231779088?colour=Black
That is my fault! I wrote to them because the black was showing as £179 reduced to £149 but next the the "buy" box was £279! If it is not included in the the offer (which they told me it was not) then it should be £179 with £30 cash back which every other store (Wex, Jessops etc) are offering. However, I don't want to buy it so I can't be bothered to pursue it further.

I had the same issue when applying for the £100 cash back for my Sony A7 that I bought from John Lewis, after Sony told me I had not supplied th correct documentation I found the VAT receipt online, which Sony accepted and promptly paid the cash back into my account.

Forgot this on 24 th june had an email from olympus congrats we have transfered £75 into your bank account the 30th june we are unable to complete your cashback deal as we need your bank details, i have updated them but im confused as to how the 2 letters contradict themselves

Thanks

It because you can cancel or sent back the lens,an e.mail confirmation is not an receipt :)

Back