olympus e410 offer £168

lawrie29

Balloons! Yay!
Name
Lawrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so the PC world Twin lens kit at £170 has ended, as they have no stock.

However, Curry's are selling of the single lens kit at £168. There are not many around, and some are the display models, but it is a deal nontheless.

I would head to currys and sweet talk someone on the system to track it down.

It does not show on the website, but I saw the sticker on the shelf in COngleton, although they have no stock, and checked again in warrington, who told me Prescot was the closest with 2 in stock.

HTH someone.

If you can manage to get a print out from PC World showing the twin lens kit for £168, depending on the Currys shop, you could get a price match.
I managed to do it, although the Currys had the price for the twin lens at £290, got it for £170.

As i said, not all Currys will do this, i wouldn't try the Colliers wood store, they are as friendly as a bunch of hungry Polar bears, they won't play ball at all. Plogh lane store are good, i got the last one from Putney.

Warrington wouldn't price match as PCworld had no stock. Rumour is though, if you find the twin lens kit in stock at currys, go to the nearest PC World and ask them to do a stock transfer from that currys. You pay Pc World £170, and collect from Currys......

They will not transfere stock, as at this price it loses money. Main reason why they are this price is to clear through quickly. Currys have the DZ kit but its not far off £300. One of the stipulations of the price promise is that a store must have stock and be within 10 miles of the store your trying to get a price match at.

They will not transfere stock, as at this price it loses money. Main reason why they are this price is to clear through quickly. Currys have the DZ kit but its not far off £300. One of the stipulations of the price promise is that a store must have stock and be within 10 miles of the store your trying to get a price match at.

I just went in with a print out of the page from PC World and asked if they would do a price match to save me having to go to PC WOrld, guy said no problem. Don't think a store within 10 miles had one, as had spent the past couple of days on PC World website, just thought i would chance my luck.

Awesome, well done! If the store doesnt want to do it, they can pull the old 10 miles clause out of the hat... either the store colleague didnt know about it, or that store just wanted to get rid of the stock they had. I konw with most of the stores in our area are down to the displays.

If anyone is still after the twin lens kit and can convince PC world to do a stock transfer (they call it a GA), Currys diigtal northwhich has one on the shelf.

Don't always believe what the website tells you about stock.

I recently found a Tamron 55-200 Canon fit zoom on Currys website for £68. The website said no branch within 20 miles of me had one.

When I visited my local Currys ( 5 miles away), they had onw sitting on the shelf.

I got a £10 reduction for the display model aswell.

:):):)

If they have less than 3, it doesn't show on the web apparantly

Back