Olympus E500

Edit My Images
Yes
I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Olympus E500 with a twin lens kit (14-45 & 40-180) for £360.

Having played with one for a while I'm quite happy that I can live with the startup delay caused by the sensor cleaning system, which is the only real problem I've read about with this DSLR.

I'm looking for a starter DSLR that will cover most applications, mainly motorsport, possibly some aviation work alongside the usual things.

Haven't seen anything else around this price point that gives me two lenses.

I've seen a few people post on here that have this, anything I should know before I take the plunge?

TIA.

Richard.

I have the twin lens kit E500 and i have to say that i am VERY impressed :D

The price of the one that you mention seems to be a good deal too (y)

I use mine for motorsport and static car pictures as i am the Cornwall Ford RS Owners Club's photographer and it does what is required of it without fuss and produces some very nice pics just from the AUTO and other factory presets, however i have now started to experiment with the manual settings which is to a certain degree quite alien to me having previously only had a "point and shoot" camera :D

If you are like me and new to the ways of digital SLR's i think it's an affordable piece of kit without going too mad straight away and spending BIG BUCKS :clap:

I know that the Zuiko lenses are expensive but the twin lens kit sofar has proved more than adequate for my amateur skill level :LOL:

If you do decide to get it the only thing i would advise you to get extra is the rechargable battery kit BLM1 as the kit only comes with disposable batteries that can cause your wallett to suffer quite severly :eek:

Hope this helps you (y)

Thanks for the link and advice - I went ahead and got one today, (after I discovered the price goes up £20 tomorrow ;))

Back