olympus e510 or e520 ?

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
after playing about with numerous dslr`s and researching the entry level market to the height of confusion, i ve decided that i m going to plump for an oly. now i have to decide which one . i was wondering if anyone could tell me the differnce between these 2 models. the spec sheet looks fairly similar and they come with the same kit lens . so why spend the extra £££`s ?

Improved live veiw now also works with contrast AF with the latest lenses and also has face detection and 11 zone focusing.

The metering has also slighty been improved, only you can decide if this is worth ther exta ££'s, I have the E-510 and E-420 and am pleased with both of them. :)

Also the sensor is slightly different with improved Dynamic Range and slightly better noise handling.

Improved live veiw now also works with contrast AF with the latest lenses and also has face detection and 11 zone focusing.

The metering has also slighty been improved, only you can decide if this is worth ther exta ££'s, I have the E-510 and E-420 and am pleased with both of them. :)
im thinking of getting an e520 but i cant seem to find any third party lens for them, unlike Nikon and Canon those brands seem to be flooded with good cheeper lenses, do you know of any or could you recomend anywhere at all

im thinking of getting an e520 but i cant seem to find any third party lens for them, unlike Nikon and Canon those brands seem to be flooded with good cheeper lenses, do you know of any or could you recomend anywhere at all
There's always some lenses going on the official UK Olympus forum, you might like to take a look there too. Here's a thread with a few for sale.

Back