Olympus FL-50 and Nikon D7000

Name
Perry
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been given an Olympus FL-50 flash gun that is in perfect working order - however I have a Nikon D7000, will it work on it ?

Or am I best selling it and looking for a Nikon one ?

Thanks for any advice

I shoot M43 and Canon, having moved over from Nikon DX bodies. I haven't tried your combination but suspect it will not work at all, even for manual flash, which should just use the centre pin to fire. I use Yongnuo YN 622C transceivers for off camera flash, these are designed for Canon, but will work with Olympus, Pansonic and Fuji for manual flash. If a YN622C is placed on a Nikon body, the camera body seems to recognise that something is not right as two pins line up and likely does not permit a signal to the centre pin in these circumstances. It's probably better to move the FL-50 on and buy a Nikon dedicated flash which will offer both TTL metering and manual. There are two versions of the FL-50, the plain and older FL-50 and the later FL-50R, the latter will receive optical signals for off camera flash and is more desirable than the non 'R' version.

Advice taken and I have now listed it on eBay along with a couple of Olympus lens and another flash gun - all proceeds going towards a suitable one for the D7000, thanks for the advice.

Advice taken and I have now listed it on eBay along with a couple of Olympus lens and another flash gun - all proceeds going towards a suitable one for the D7000, thanks for the advice.
You got a link to them on eBay?

Back