Olympus lens repair - request cancelled

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Following on my earlier thread about a disastrous attempt to update the firmware on my 40-150 lens can anyone recommend an independent lens technician in the UK who repairs Olympus lenses?

It would seem that only Olympus can repair this fault so off it goes.

For the record Olympus have a fixed price repair on this lens of £206!

Were I you, I would ensure to put in the report with it that it was due to a failed firmware update due to a general power outage.......i.e. a system "breakdown"!

In other words, hopefully corrected as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited:
I appreciate your thoughts. That is exactly what I did put on the reason for return.:)

However I will be extremely surprised if they correct it as a gesture of goodwill. It would be nice of them as their firmware update procedure is potentially fraught with danger but I am not holding my breath.

I have sent a message to Olympus through their contact form seeking a free repair as a gesture of goodwill. I should get a reply in the next 2 to 3 days.

I will post their response on here.

I have sent a message to Olympus through their contact form seeking a free repair as a gesture of goodwill. I should get a reply in the next 2 to 3 days.

I will post their response on here.

Nothing to lose by asking! :)

PS have you sent the lens and "repair" paperwork already/yet?

I have got a repair job number but not yet sent lens. I can withdraw anytime in next 14 days.

Back