Following on my earlier thread about a disastrous attempt to update the firmware on my 40-150 lens can anyone recommend an independent lens technician in the UK who repairs Olympus lenses?
Were I you, I would ensure to put in the report with it that it was due to a failed firmware update due to a general power outage.......i.e. a system "breakdown"!
In other words, hopefully corrected as a goodwill gesture.
I appreciate your thoughts. That is exactly what I did put on the reason for return.
However I will be extremely surprised if they correct it as a gesture of goodwill. It would be nice of them as their firmware update procedure is potentially fraught with danger but I am not holding my breath.
I have sent a message to Olympus through their contact form seeking a free repair as a gesture of goodwill. I should get a reply in the next 2 to 3 days.
I have sent a message to Olympus through their contact form seeking a free repair as a gesture of goodwill. I should get a reply in the next 2 to 3 days.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.