Olympus OM-1 Colours

Edit My Images
Yes
I purchased an OM-1 when it was first released, but sold the camera after a few shots at the time as I wasn't too enamoured with the green hues it produced. They seemed a little too green and looked almost unrealistic, requiring some Lightroom processing to bring them back to anywhere near normal again.

It's possible this was the result of some of my own settings in Lightroom, so I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? Trees, grass, and indeed any foliage all seemed quite luminous vs the other colours produced by the camera.

I'm liking the capabilities of the camera, and therefore thinking of purchasing another OM-1, but I just wanted to see what other owners thought. A recent image I saw by Peter Baumgarten also looked quite unusual on the greens, but perhaps that what he was looking for in his edit.

Certainly haven't experienced anything like that.
Is your monitor profiled?
Did you profile the camera?
I actually find that often the OM-1 makes a better white balance choice than my Nikon Z9s.
I do make a point of profiling using Datacolor kit but it's generally not a huge difference - noticeable but not night and day.

It’s basically down to how you process your files .. are you talking about j.pegs or RAW files .. I.e j.peg can be adjusted in camera settings RAW on your computer .
I prefer vibrant shots but that goes across all brands whether it be olympus,Nikon,canon etc

Thanks for the replies. I’ve always used a colour-corrected monitor but I’ve never profiled a camera. My Leica and Sony bodies have never been an issue, and the E-M1.3/E-M1X I owned didn’t seem to have this issue. I just instantly noticed the greens were super hot in the ORF files.

I guess it may have been my Lightroom presets and perhaps I should have spent more time to work with new presets on these files.

Back